Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Wow some of the responses are pathetic... Because of one game, we now have no chance at anything? That seems ill-advised...

WTF is a "tournament coach" ???!

It is called Mike Krzyzewski, Tom Izzo, Brad Stevens, etc. Which Crean is not and never will be. He is a really good guy!  

But not a good clutch coach in pressure environments. 

It is called Mike Krzyzewski, Tom Izzo, Brad Stevens, etc. Which Crean is not and never will be. He is a really good guy!
But not a good clutch coach in pressure environments.

Dumbest idea I've ever seen on this board

There's no difference between coaching regular season games and tournament games. You don't change anything. This loss is not the end of the world that you guys want it to be so you can get rid of the coach. Sorry

Wow some of the responses are pathetic... Because of one game, we now have no chance at anything? That seems ill-advised...

I don't believe there's ever been an NCAA champion that hasn't won at least one game in the conference tournament.  And it's not just one game.  This game represents why so many people were not willing to get off the "Fire Tom Crean" train.  The BIG regular season gave lots of people hope he could turn it around in the post season as well.  This game is confirmation that for yet another year.....he won't.  

I don't believe there's ever been an NCAA champion that hasn't won at least one game in the conference tournament. And it's not just one game. This game represents why so many people were not willing to get off the "Fire Tom Crean" train. The BIG regular season gave lots of people hope he could turn it around in the post season as well. This game is confirmation that for yet another year.....he won't.

One game tells you that! Wow! Small sample sizes are awesome. SPORTZ

this game puts us on the wrong side of history. No team has lost their opening game in their conference tournament and then go on and win a national championship. I still think we can make a run but to win it all we would have to do something no one else has done in history

Dumbest idea I've ever seen on this board

There's no difference between coaching regular season games and tournament games. You don't change anything. This loss is not the end of the world that you guys want it to be so you can get rid of the coach. Sorry

I take it you're not a coach.  Not that I am by any means, but to say nothing changes between regular season games and tournament games is, too be nice, silly.