Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Crean said it himself, it's Indiana. We should ALWAYS be ranked. We should be in EVERY dance. We should ALWAYS make it out of the first game of the dance.

Crean has only done that once correct? he's been here 8 years...

Twice. I think 9 out of 10 years in the dance. No team makes it every year. I remember when IU had made it the most years in a row and it was just over 20.

Crean said it himself, it's Indiana. We should ALWAYS be ranked. We should be in EVERY dance. We should ALWAYS make it out of the first game of the dance.

Crean has only done that once correct? he's been here 8 years... 

I think we should be competing for the B1G every season.  The tournament can be a bit of a crap shoot so there will always be years when we lose early.

Agreed. My bar is IU finishes in the top 4 of the big ten every year and be taking the conference crown every 2 out of 5 years, or so. We are constantly on the outside looking in in this era of IU bball. Unacceptable. If we somehow take 1st this year, I will change my tune.

College ball is way too even now across the landscape to just absolute dominate. We are in a real conference, not the SEC

Just going to drop this here :D

Coaches Proving Haters Wrong- ESPN

1. Tom Crean, Indiana Hoosiers

Many expected Crean to mishandle one of the nation's most talented rosters, fail to implement a noticeable defense and eventually accept a $7.5 million buyout this summer. Early losses to Wake Forest and UNLV -- along with a deplorable defense -- only emboldened the doubters. But Indiana is 4-0 in Big Ten play right now -- all without injured wing James Blackmon (15.8 PPG). And the Hoosiers are the -- wait for it -- Big Ten's current leader in defensive efficiency in conference play, per KenPom.com. Positive start for a squad that hasn't suffered a loss since the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

Biggest complaint about him is inconsistency. He's actually a solid coach, but unfortunately only for stretches of time during a season. Every year he makes some adjustment that we see successfully play out over the course of some number of games. Wish it lasted all season.

I might be in the minority, but honestly I don't care if he wins the B1G I think he should be fired. He has proved what he is and that is very inconsistent, and unable to make lasting change. On the bright side though we have not had anymore problems with the law since the beginning of the year. 

I don't care what he does this year, and frankly no one should.  This is his 17th year as a head coach and aside from a whopping 2 conference titles he hasn't won a thing.  He makes a good adjustment sometimes but on the whole he is wildly mediocre.  In power 5 conferences he's finished in the top 5 twice to date.  At this point in his career he is what he is, and he's not going to improve much (and he needs to improve quite a bit).  With that much of a sample size one year shouldn't be enough to save him.

He's in the deep water and he's not a good swimmer.  Get a boat and get him out of there instead of thinking he'll turn into Michael Phelps.

Just going to drop this here :D

Coaches Proving Haters Wrong- ESPN

1. Tom Crean, Indiana Hoosiers

Many expected Crean to mishandle one of the nation's most talented rosters, fail to implement a noticeable defense and eventually accept a $7.5 million buyout this summer. Early losses to Wake Forest and UNLV -- along with a deplorable defense -- only emboldened the doubters. But Indiana is 4-0 in Big Ten play right now -- all without injured wing James Blackmon (15.8 PPG). And the Hoosiers are the -- wait for it -- Big Ten's current leader in defensive efficiency in conference play, per KenPom.com. Positive start for a squad that hasn't suffered a loss since the Big Ten/ACC Challenge.

I still think everyone should be patient. We look good now but don't look at the schedule. The more I look at February the more I realize judgment day is coming and there could be alot of ammunition for the crean haters. Trips to Iowa, Michigan state, purdue at home and Maryland at home won't be easy. Also going to Wisconsin won't be easy going. I am happy with what crean has accomplished since duke but it is a mirage due to lack of competition possibly. Let's just take it a game at a time crean and our hoosiers have a long way to go to finish this season. Just hope we keep getting better or it may be one of Creans worst finishes to a season and that says alot

I still think everyone should be patient. We look good now but don't look at the schedule. The more I look at February the more I realize judgment day is coming and there could be alot of ammunition for the crean haters. Trips to Iowa, Michigan state, purdue at home and Maryland at home won't be easy. Also going to Wisconsin won't be easy going. I am happy with what crean has accomplished since duke but it is a mirage due to lack of competition possibly. Let's just take it a game at a time crean and our hoosiers have a long way to go to finish this season. Just hope we keep getting better or it may be one of Creans worst finishes to a season and that says alot

I mean, IU started 5-1 in conference last year so I get your point...I was just keeping the discussion going :)

12-6 and I'm reaching a little bit? I have actually given Crean praise when his team executes a well thought out game plan. The problem is they are far and few between and when his game plan falters he can't coach his way into a win. The book is out; you and everyone else knows it.

Been waiting to bring this back up on two fronts. Is 12-6 still reaching on my end? Where has the praise been. Been far more quiet since we have played better. Curious on both...

Well with Fred giving a huge extension to Wilson for an okay season, I can only imagine Crean will get an extension for an okay season we will have.

I want to see what he can do when we actually play hard teams in our conference. It's been a cakewalk so far

Well with Fred giving a huge extension to Wilson for an okay season, I can only imagine Crean will get an extension for an okay season we will have.

I want to see what he can do when we actually play hard teams in our conference. It's been a cakewalk so far

Well, his choice was extend him or fire him so...