Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Did we oversign this season?  I thought we still had an open scholly?

I didn't really count a scholarship opening because a player got kicked off after the class was on campus.

If Crean figured on that happening there would've been more players in this class.

I didn't really count a scholarship opening because a player got kicked off after the class was on campus.

If Crean figured on that happening there would've been more players in this class.

So we were not oversigned?  We were at 11 with the 15' class coming in, Max made it 12 in June, Newkirk made it 13 in August, and Holt was released a week or so later to get back down to 12. 

So we were not oversigned?  We were at 11 with the 15' class coming in, Max made it 12 in June, Newkirk made it 13 in August, and Holt was released a week or so later to get back down to 12. 

Davis was booted around the same time as Holt too.

I think he was booted around the same time Hanner was for their possession of pot?  That would have been the spring time before Max or Newkirk were brought in.

I could have my timeline mixed up.

Even if we weren't oversigned this year it means it's a bit an anomaly in Crean's tenure, we've oversigned pretty well every season.

I could have my timeline mixed up.

Even if we weren't oversigned this year it means it's a bit an anomaly in Crean's tenure, we've oversigned pretty well every season.

I would agree we're oversigned more often than not.  Just wanted the recorded to be straight that it didn't happen that way this past season.  Depending on what happens with JBJ and Troy, along with other frosh/tranfers,  we could end up oversigned next season. 

Hypothetically say IU over signs this year.. Is Blackmon a creaning candidate? (I say hell no but just a thought for discussion)

If Crean is already in a bad place with in-state coaches, that would be burying himself alive in concrete.

I can't really say I agree with JBJ and RoJo being better than Juwan, TB, OG. Next year isn't looking bad either.

Agreed - 2 of our recruits are 4 stars and finalists to
become Burger Boys. TB, OG and JM looks like a pretty solid class to me. Am I missing something? X's and O's are the problem NOT recruiting.

For all those people that hate Dakich and misappropriate his intentions. This is a must listen.. This guy gets it.

@ChronicHoosier: Missed this earlier, but Dan Dakich went all in on Bob Knight's hypocrisy today. Like, balls deep. https://t.co/kZkIYMrIvk #dayum #iubb

Wow!  Great listen.  DD has never been accused of holding his tongue and he sure didn't hold back.

For all those people that hate Dakich and misappropriate his intentions. This is a must listen.. This guy gets it.

@ChronicHoosier: Missed this earlier, but Dan Dakich went all in on Bob Knight's hypocrisy today. Like, balls deep. https://t.co/kZkIYMrIvk #dayum #iubb

Thanks, I looked for this earlier, and did not find it.

I am a Dakich fan.

Now I am crystal clear exactly why I am a Dakich fan.

If y'all haven't played this clip yet, it is required listening. Required.

Loved the fans that called in after his rant too. Good stuff.