Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Even in their pre-game they were practicing against specific cuts Purdue would make so they would be accustomed to the angles. The way they rebounded or collapsed on larger players when they touched the ball was practiced and was well planned. Maybe it was a one off performance, but that team was ready for everything Purdue had. That isn't easy with that size.

even when their defense was rated lower the ours I never thought we had a better defense. To me those efficiency ratings are just guidelines. I trust my own eyes more then the numbers. Notre dames defense on the other hand I always felt like we could make a run on them

even when their defense was rated lower the ours I never thought we had a better defense. To me those efficiency ratings are just guidelines. I trust my own eyes more then the numbers. Notre dames defense on the other hand I always felt like we could make a run on them

I truly think their limitations on the defensive end are size and athletic limitations.  Their coaching maximizes their ability.  I don't mean to pile on, but the preparation is night and day.  That much was obvious just from pregame.  

OK - firemeisters. Would it be OK to dial it back a bit now with this win?? Duke lost today. UK lost today ( yay!). The players sometimes do not execute. Should the bloggers demand for the those coaches to be fired? "Fire coach K!!" C'mon - way too much armchair head coaches. How many of you should be fired in your professional positions when you step in some mud? We all do at times. I do a lot of business executive coaching and all leaders have weaknesses. Not sure Crean has fatal flaws as many executives do. What many of these viewpoints do not appreciate is the responsibilities to multiple stakeholders of an AD and BB HC. Sorry but none of you could sit on that seat on the bench or you would be doing that...

In a word: no.

One win does not a season make. One win does nothing to offset the long list of Crean's shortcomings as a coach. One win does noting to offset the long list of off court issues with alcohol and drugs.

One win does nothing. Period. Should Crean somehow be able to get this team on a sustained run, then we can talk. Until then, the Crean Crean Express is still running full steam ahead.

It really is kind of shocking that there really are few posters who share mohobans opinion anymore. Granted this is the fire him thread but in others as well.

i think people are just beat down. Even the most positive people I know are just down and having a hard time getting excited for IU basketball anymore. I hate that I don't get butterflies or knots in my stomach in big games/big moments anymore. It's just gotten sooooo hard to get up for this anymore

This win changes nothing as far as my view of CTC. He has to go. Even with this win, they played very little defense for most of the game. The product continues to be the same which is why he has to go. I would like to see if Keith Smart is interested in the job if the top names pass on the job.

Turned on the game late yesterday to watch the final 10 minutes of the half. After 5 minutes I turned it off and went to a museum instead.

I'll watch more once B1G play starts, but even the wins just aren't satisfying. I'm sick of watching Crean coach and the product he has developed. Regardless of where the blame falls, coach vs. players, I'm sick of the inconsistency and rollercoaster style of play.

Pretty bummed that I feel this way, but IU basketball puts me in a bad mood win or lose this season.

sums up my feelings too. I hate that I feel that way.

For the first time I can remember, it slipped my mind there was a game yesterday. I remembered after seeing a post on FB. I did catch most of the second half, and was excited to watch the comeback but something just isn't the same.
I kind of feel guilty for not being able to get fired up for IU basketball, but it's almost like watching a movie I've already seen several times.

I'm way too far behind on this thread: Has the idea of Billy Donavon leaving OKC in the wake of Durant/Westbrook departing (after they miss the playoffs) seem credible to any one?

I have been banging that drum for 2 years now.  IMO he is our only hope.

Big enough to go around Creans head!   :)

I'm just thinking it has to be a massive bow to cover enough of a Pacer to make someone think it's a Ferrari.  Complete opposites there, one's a piece of art the other is a piece of something else.

I have been banging that drum for 2 years now.  IMO he is our only hope.

As someone who doesn't follow the NBA closely at all, is this very feasible?  Are Durant/Westbrook both in danger of leaving this year, are they in contract years, and could they really miss the playoffs?

As someone who doesn't follow the NBA closely at all, is this very feasible? Are Durant/Westbrook both in danger of leaving this year, are they in contract years, and could they really miss the playoffs?

Yes these are all factual things, and a possibility.

Yes these are all factual things, and a possibility.

Thunder are playing well and 3rd in the west, so I wouldn't call that super likely. But I could see Durant leaving for sure this offseason.