Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

jdailey1981

TOM CREAN FIRED

Anyone else pick up the comment during the Wisconsin game, from the announcers, saying Crean and staff talk better than any staff? I just laughed when I heard it.

I want Crean gone as much as the next guy, but we will have to see how the season plays out. February/March could settle the waters or make his seat so hot he has to go.

At the after game presser, did CTC actually say he was fine with the defensive effort? I thought he led with that and then hedged a bit. How could anyone be happy with the defensive play in the second half?

No TOs! You don't call one?!

I would have sat Troy BTW. His low bball IQ does injury to his play and the team's. He reacts. He does not anticipate. He doesn't learn. I wish he would because he has tremendous possibilities. As coach, CTC has to try to get through to him, if he has any hopes of playing any minutes outside of the D league.

I agree. This team will either play beyond our expectations or will be like last years team. The only thing I don't agree with is if they end up in the tournament, I think coach will still be here next year despise the performance. There's some key components committed for next year. If they underachieve next year then yes, Crean is pretty much gone.

So 4 straight years of under performing isn't enough.  The 5th year will be the year that does it?

How is it 4 straight years of under performing? In 2012 they won the b1g title. If you're going to count tourney performance than I guess you have an argument. But to me, tourney is a lot based on match ups and if a team gets 1 bad draw than its over. I mean, how many years did it take Boeheim to win a title WITH cheating. The only down year was 2013-2014 season and that was with 2 lottery picks plus 2 senior starters. Any team that loses that much talent is going to struggle the next year. Just look at Wisconsin. I'm saying next year because we will finally get to see if Crean can keep providing sustained winning basketball through recruiting and coaching. He will most likely lose 2 starters from this team but have the recruits and current roster available to win again next year. That's why I'm saying if IU doesn't win next year than he should no longer be the coach.

How is it 4 straight years of under performing? In 2012 they won the b1g title. If you're going to count tourney performance than I guess you have an argument. But to me, tourney is a lot based on match ups and if a team gets 1 bad draw than its over. I mean, how many years did it take Boeheim to win a title WITH cheating. The only down year was 2013-2014 season and that was with 2 lottery picks plus 2 senior starters. Any team that loses that much talent is going to struggle the next year. Just look at Wisconsin. I'm saying next year because we will finally get to see if Crean can keep providing sustained winning basketball through recruiting and coaching. He will most likely lose 2 starters from this team but have the recruits and current roster available to win again next year. That's why I'm saying if IU doesn't win next year than he should no longer be the coach.

They won a weak Big Ten then crashed and burned in 2 tourneys. 

lol weak big 10, that year was considered one of the stronger years for the big 10. Since the big 10 5th place team was national runner up to Louisville that year. I have no problem saying iu faded down the stretch that year but to say the big 10 was weak that year is a head scratcher in my opinion

Maybe weak was a bad word.  We won the Big Ten outright with 4 losses.  Not exactly another dominant team to compete with. 

Who are we losing other than Yogi as a starter? TB is the most likely. However, I have a strong feel he will be back next year. He does have some work to do. JBJs injury guaranteed he'd be in college another year. Troy would be ill advised to go anywhere.

Sorry off topic a bit

Dang you guys post fast. But like I said, if you're going to count tourney results than yes, there is an argument to be made. But I've been watching tourneys for 30+ years and know that match ups, seedlings, locations all play a huge factor, regardless of the coach.

Its every year though.  Hes made 1 final four not even here.  Hes never won a tournament of any kind here.