Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Feathery

IU Candidate: Billy Donovan (OKC Thunder)

Albers isn't lying. He wouldn't put his entire reputation on the line as he's trying to build his own brand/credibility. Now, his sources may be completely wrong, but he clearly has a serious reason to believe Donovan was in Bloomington.

The long term value of his credibility as a journalist is worth far more than what he generated in click throughs on that article.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

This isnt the first time albers has lied.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

So I have heard that Donovan wanted to wait till May to decide on whether he wanted the Indiana job or not. He wanted to coach his team in the playoffs and go from there.
Has anyone else heard this?
If true, it seems like we could have waited and got Archie at that time as well. That's only if Billy was truly interested and more than likely coming back to college.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, Bowhunter said:

So I have heard that Donovan wanted to wait till May to decide on whether he wanted the Indiana job or not. He wanted to coach his team in the playoffs and go from there.
If true, it seems like we could have waited and got Archie at that time as well. That's only if Billy was truly interested and more than likely coming back to college.

Would be quite the risk waiting that long with recruiting and such. Could you imagine this board after a month of no answer? Let alone 3 months? 

I would've waited but then our players would've suffered. 

1 hour ago, Bowhunter said:

Dont know but I would have waited if he was committed. The timing with the NBA season was my concern with BD all along.

On 3/25/2017 at 5:07 PM, ccgeneral said:

Wall of shame!

While the internet was circulating frenzied rumors connecting Billy Donovan to Indiana on Friday, the Oklahoma City Thunder coach was indeed conducting meetings inside a practice facility.

Just not the one in Bloomington.

Speaking with reporters on Saturday, Donovan denied internet chatter claiming he flew to Indiana to meet with university officials about the then-open head coaching position.

“Yesterday morning I was here in practice,” Donovan said. “I was not there. I was here in practice. I was actually in a couple meetings, then went to Russell (Westbrook’s) bowling charity last night.”

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2017/03/donovan-praises-iu-says-he-didnt-fly-to-bloomington/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

You should definitely start a separate Wall of Shame thread.

8 minutes ago, ALASKA HOOSIER said:

Last time your intelligence gathering skills were on point.... be sure to take donuts this time.

I'll see what I can do. Nothing like some fine reporting for our next head coach. 

Those were the days.. 

6 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

O'Hare, my friend. And send an extra sentry to Midway just in case.

Little too far and crowded for me today.. Bloomington Airport seems more doable. :)