Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

IU vs Michigan Game Thread - Sunday 2/12 @ 1:00 ET

That would mean missing the NIT with 2 burger boys twice, once after beating Kansas and UNC.  It would be impossible to call Crean a good coach at that point.

We stull have 4 top 45 players on this team playing. Name me one other big ten team except Michigan state with those rankings. The excuses are mind blowing

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, JSHoosier said:

That would mean missing the NIT with 2 burger boys twice, once after beating Kansas and UNC.  It would be impossible to call Crean a good coach at that point.

So, really, nothing changes? #bwahaha

1 hour ago, bleedhoosier said:

And seriously.. how does Davis only get 14 mins again..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Davis was the leading scorer (13 points) in 14 minutes. Next highest scorers, with 11 were Newkirk (31 minutes) and Morgan (26 minutes)... so guys playing TWICE as many minutes scored ALMOST as many point... great job, there, "coach".

If Crean is so upset with the immaturity of his upperclassmen why doesn't he sit them and play the younger guards?! Nothing he says aligns with his actions. We need more scoring at the basket but has our big chucking more threes than twos. Is pissed were helping off good shooters but doesn't call a timeout to adjust. Talk is cheap!

11 hours ago, bleedhoosier said:

And seriously.. how does Davis only get 14 mins again..

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

Because he stays in the low post and won't keep drifting out beyond the 3-point line.  [sarcasm font if you couldn't tell]

Watched the first 5 minutes, listened to Fisch for the next 7, then, enjoyed the heck out of myself at the Hulman Center watching the Lady Sycamores lay the smack down to Loyola-Chicago.  Came home, deleted the DVR copy of the game.  No desire to watch it.  As you all know, I've been a Hoosier fan my whole life, but, if Crean is back next year, it will be the first year in as long as I can remember where I'll not plan for the games. Beyond frustrated by the product on the court this season.  

4 minutes ago, pappy1865 said:

Watched the first 5 minutes, listened to Fisch for the next 7, then, enjoyed the heck out of myself at the Hulman Center watching the Lady Sycamores lay the smack down to Loyola-Chicago.  Came home, deleted the DVR copy of the game.  No desire to watch it.  As you all know, I've been a Hoosier fan my whole life, but, if Crean is back next year, it will be the first year in as long as I can remember where I'll not plan for the games. Beyond frustrated by the product on the court this season.  

if he's back next year, I'm not even going to waste my money with paying for a sports package on Directv!

Just now, reconmkd said:

if he's back next year, I'm not even going to waste my money with paying for a sports package on Directv!

We get the B1G network anyways, but, I'm looking into ticket packages for the men's and women's teams here.  I know my wife gets tickets from Terre Haute Savings Bank, and they're usually good seats, but not always.  Not that expensive, and I'd rather donate my time to my Alma Mater than watch another season of frustration in B-Town.

Been teased for years for being a Sycamore grad but still a Hoosier fan.  Really starting to not be worth it.  I know I'm saying that out of frustration now, and will keep up with IU, but time will tell I guess.

We get the B1G network anyways, but, I'm looking into ticket packages for the men's and women's teams here.  I know my wife gets tickets from Terre Haute Savings Bank, and they're usually good seats, but not always.  Not that expensive, and I'd rather donate my time to my Alma Mater than watch another season of frustration in B-Town.

Been teased for years for being a Sycamore grad but still a Hoosier fan.  Really starting to not be worth it.  I know I'm saying that out of frustration now, and will keep up with IU, but time will tell I guess.

Does your wife work at THSB?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, pappy1865 said:

I'm talking about going back to the basic package maybe the second from the bottom package, so I could possibly catch some Oregon State games, my Alma Mater, late at night. Well maybe not, they really tanked this year as well.

I stopped recording IU games a few weeks ago.  I still check the schedule and if I'm not doing anything else I watch, but increasingly I'm finding better uses of my time. Living in Evanston I've loosely followed NU for years and I just set up a series recording for their games going forward.  It's refreshing to watch them play well coached basketball even if they clearly lack the talent to go all the way.  I won't abandon IU nor switching sides.  The Hoosiers will forever be my team.  I just refuse to let IU hoops continue to be a negative experience.  i thank Tom Crean for everything he did to restore IU. He was definitely the right guy at the right time.   But times change.  I wish him the absolute best at the next stop in his career.