Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bowhunter

Josh Newkirk

3 minutes ago, Bowhunter said:

He has been playing his butt off.. Just wanted to give him props for bringing it. I was tough on him in the beginning, but have seen lots of improvement.  Yes he still has stuff to work on, but he deserves some credit for his recent play .

22 pts. today and our leading scorer after a great scoring last game.  BUT, he had 5 TO's; how many points did those give Wisky?

He's scored better the last few games but his overall game hasn't improved. He still makes bad mistakes on defense with overhelping and leaving shooters open. On offense he makes passes that are bad angles, timing, or just shouldn't be attempted. He is what he is and isn't the answer from us being a bad B1G team to a great B1G team.

His O has improved greatly, but that bad/lazy pass attempt to Deron that led to the Happ dunk killed us. That was really bad.

Terrible pass yes. But why are we trying to throw the ball to Davis 20 ft from the basket? With two feet in the paint he was scoring at will. And we just go away from it. Davis isn't quite as comfortable out there yet. Put guys in position to utilize their strengths that is what a good coach would do.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

16 hours ago, jhoosier said:

Terrible pass yes. But why are we trying to throw the ball to Davis 20 ft from the basket? With two feet in the paint he was scoring at will. And we just go away from it. Davis isn't quite as comfortable out there yet. Put guys in position to utilize their strengths that is what a good coach would do.

Davis will be roaming the three point land next year.  That is the natural year two progression for IU bigs, right? 

16 hours ago, jhoosier said:

There's your answer, right there. Indiana doesn't have a good coach... it has Tom Crean.