Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Random IUWBB Recruiting

Musical Chairs…. IU Ladies basketball has participated with 3 out and leaving 4 open chairs….11 chairs of team in tact and could use 1 or 2 impact players in a chair or 2.

Sidenote:  non impactful players not needed. 

(also did bringing in recent transfer portal player play into Van Lith decision…I don’t think so)

Wonder if the character of T. Moren and staff and IU Ladies team have heated up?

Saw a couple tweets/stories about the Van Lith transfer that said she essentially put a "do not disturb" sign on her portal entry -- meaning she apparently knows where she's going. 

I believe she will have two years of eligibility if she so desires. 

She's from Washington state -- don't know if that factors into her decision or not. 

Talia Goodman and Amanda Foster in conjunction with @HeatCheckCBB have put together a comprehensive list of the WBB transfer portal.  Over 1,000 names.

https://heatcheckcbb.com/womens-basketball-transfer-portal-comprehensive-transfer-list-for-2023-24/

1 hour ago, TTT said:

2 for IU Ladies?  (GOOD ONES that can highly contribute and be impactful)

Any names?

I saw the girl from Iowa St was on a visit recently. 

1 hour ago, BeerBQ said:

Any names?

I saw the girl from Iowa St was on a visit recently. 

I know nothing.  When the transfer portal started to heat up…a Berger plug- in so to speak which I identified as Donarski plus a player behind Holmes to share with L.M. preferred tall that is good so IU Ladies have another strategy to go over top inside (when advantageous).  The Berger plug-in is most important. Since then all kinds of players in portal including Van Lith….blending contently in with team is first priority.  Both, Parrish and Scalia dealt and fought through challenges and each are and have been great at doing this very thing.

2 hours ago, TTT said:

2 for IU Ladies?  (GOOD ONES that can highly contribute and be impactful)

We have mins for one. Donarski fits because she is a guard and can guard very well on the perimeter. She isn't going to take Grace's role, imo, though. That will be filled by CMM who is a better creator, imo, than both Grace and Donarski. 

Donarski is more of a better defensive version of Scalia. 

Past that, hopefully, you can find another tall girl... like a Geary who knows they won't get any mins unless we are in dire need. 

15 minutes ago, btownqb said:

We have mins for one. Donarski fits because she is a guard and can guard very well on the perimeter. She isn't going to take Grace's role, imo, though. That will be filled by CMM who is a better creator, imo, than both Grace and Donarski. 

Donarski is more of a better defensive version of Scalia. 

Past that, hopefully, you can find another tall girl... like a Geary who knows they won't get any mins unless we are in dire need. 

IU Ladies need 2 transfer portal players that will have ability to be involved.  Already have a player who does not require minutes…don’t need another one…with the guard/forward being first priority.  Chloe Moore-McNeil is a very versatile player that can be utilized in a variety of ways and not just at point all the time…very interchangeable with different players on court. Donarski has good scoring ability.

I think T. Moren had higher hopes for Geary in ability and performance.  However, Geary is a great teammate and person.