Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Random IUWBB Recruiting

10 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I heard we are going after oregon transfer lucy cochrane (6'5). Would be nice to add a good post player..I think the talent level drops significantly after gulbe and holmes.

From the Oregon team page -

AS A FRESHMAN | 2019-20
Appeared in 18 games (6.6 minutes/game) as a true freshman for the Pac-12 regular-season and tournament champion Ducks ... Averaged 1.4 points and 1.2 rebounds per game while recording nine blocked shots ... Scored a season-high six points on 11/16/19 vs. Texas Southern and on 12/21/19 vs. Kansas State ... Season-high five rebounds twice, first against Texas Southern and again on 12/16/19 vs. UC Riverside ... Blocked a season-high three shots on 11/13/19 vs. Utah State ... Finished the year 10-of-16 from the floor and 5-of-6 from the free-throw line. 

CAREER HIGHS (Through freshman season)

Rebounds: 5, 2x, last vs. UC Riverside -- 12/16/19

Assists: 3, 2x, last vs. Colorado -- 1/3/20

Steals: 1, at Long Beach State -- 12/14/19

FG made: 3, 2x, last vs. Kansas State -- 12/21/19

FG attempts: 4, vs. Kansas State -- 12/21/19

FT made: 2, 2x, last vs. Utah -- 1/5/20

FT attempts: 2, 3x, last vs. Utah -- 1/5/20

AUSTRALIA NATIONAL TEAM
Played for the Australia national team in both the 2016 FIBA U17 Women's World Championship and the 2015 FIBA U16 Oceania Championship...Averaged 2.2 points, 4.5 rebounds and 0.7 assists in 2016 at the U17 event, when she had three points, nine rebounds and four blocked shots in a win over a USA team featuring Maya Dodson, Christyn Williams, Aquira De Costa, Olivia Nelson-Ododa and others.

6 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

I heard we are going after oregon transfer lucy cochrane (6'5). Would be nice to add a good post player..I think the talent level drops significantly after gulbe and holmes.

Did she enter the transfer portal? Also, anybody know how she was ranked as a recruit coming into Oregon? Agreed that we would be wise to add some post position depth. 

20 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

Did she enter the transfer portal? Also, anybody know how she was ranked as a recruit coming into Oregon? Agreed that we would be wise to add some post position depth. 

Shes good, she just wasnt going to get minutes behind Sabally, Hebard, and Giomi..then next year there is another Sabally sister and Sedona Prince and Giomi ALONG with 2 forwards in the top recruiting class for this year...

so I don't think she saw an opportunity for more minutes kinda like allen here. I think she would be a good get and I bet she knows paige price

Seygan Robins from Louisville announced her name in the portal, less than a half hour later our coaches are all following her. Safe to say we have interest in the former KY miss basketball.

Our coaches are actively recruiting/shopping the portal

16 minutes ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Seygan Robins from Louisville announced her name in the portal, less than a half hour later our coaches are all following her. Safe to say we have interest in the former KY miss basketball.

Our coaches are actively recruiting/shopping the portal

Seygan Robins is entering the transfer portal, first reported by Danielle Lerner of The Athletic and Jody Demling of Cardinal Authority. The 5-foot-10 guard is seeking more playing time.  Louisville coach Jeff Walz says Robins is welcome back at Louisville if she doesn't find a suitable team.

Robins played in two games this season as a sophomore before redshirting due to an ankle injury. She had five rebounds and two steals in 14 minutes against Murray State Nov. 8 in her final game of the 2019-20 season. 

Robins appeared in 26 games and averaged 7.5 minutes as a freshman.

She was named Kentucky’s 2018 Miss Basketball as a senior at Mercer County. She led Mercer County to two state championships in high school.

A separate article indicated she had surgery on her ankle in January and would apply for a medical redshirt as she'd only appeared in 2 games.

Anyone hear anything about Ari Wiggins? She was leaning towards ND but they just picked up one of the top PG in her class so I heard we may be heavy favorite now. 

Think its us, Michigan, and ND

why does Michigan get all these indiana natives lol.

4 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Anyone hear anything about Ari Wiggins? She was leaning towards ND but they just picked up one of the top PG in her class so I heard we may be heavy favorite now. 

Think its us, Michigan, and ND

why does Michigan get all these indiana natives lol.

What Indiana natives are you talking about?

21 hours ago, hoosiershelli said:

What Indiana natives are you talking about?

They just landed leigha brown and they have maddie nolan, Emily kiser, amy dilk that I can think of off the top of my head all contributing players in their lineup too. They just seem to recruit indiana well

5 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

They just landed leigha brown and they have maddie nolan, Emily kiser, amy dilk that I can think of off the top of my head all contributing players in their lineup too. They just seem to recruit indiana well

The initial optics say that but I’ll take Ali Patberg over Amy Dilk any day. 

Emily Keiser doesn’t contribute to their team. 
I don’t know about Leigha Brown. Looks to me like she just wanted to go home. Ann Arbor is much closer than Bloomington. 
I like the kids we have. We beat Michigan easily this year. At Michigan. 
All I’m saying is I like the kids we have. We were 24-8. Best year in history!

Not specific to IUWBB but an interesting fact regarding women's recruiting in general.   The women aren't wasting any time in making their commitments.

From Raoul:  The 2021 commitments on the WBB Blog list now total 414.  It took until mid-July of last year for the 2020 commit list to hit that number.

Welp.  Right now the number is at 5 and slowly growing. 5 former CTM players talking about their treatment in the program on twitter for all the world to see. cant be good for recruiting. And no ria gulley isnt even one of them...

10 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Not specific to IUWBB but an interesting fact regarding women's recruiting in general.   The women aren't wasting any time in making their commitments.

From Raoul:  The 2021 commitments on the WBB Blog list now total 414.  It took until mid-July of last year for the 2020 commit list to hit that number.

I’m sure it probably depends on the individual. 

2 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Who?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

That's a few but a few more cant be shared because their accounts ar private..but this

Not good. Looking like we are coming up on a Georgia Tech situation in the near future.