Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Random IUWBB Recruiting

From the Louisville Courier Journal:

Brooklynn Miles

Franklin County, 5-6, junior

Why she’s on the team: Averaged 21.5 points, 4.9 assists, 4.1 steals and 3.8 rebounds for a Franklin County squad that finished 27-8 after losing to Anderson County in the first round of the Sweet 16. Three-sport athlete also has played soccer at Franklin County and was a member of the school’s Class 2A champion 400-meter relay team in track and field last spring. She has 1,914 career points and will enter her senior season as a top contender for Kentucky’s Miss Basketball award.

Future: Has scholarship offers from Cincinnati, Eastern Kentucky, Indiana, Kentucky, Northern Kentucky and Purdue.

7 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Iuwbb add grad transfer Nikki Cardano-Hillary from George Mason. She put up incredible stats. A-10 POY in 2019. 18.3, 5, 3.5

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Very nice addition..but will she play meaningful minutes as a pg? I remember amber deane being a good player who ended up only playing a few clean up minutes here and there. And thinking about how moren always reverted back to patberg at point after saying she wanted to move her to the 2 guard all last summer. I hope we find some minutes for this girl

Our lineup will most certainly probably be:

1. Paterberg

2. Penn

3. Berger

4. Gulbe

5. Holmes

With Patterson (if healthy) and Cardoño-Hillary getting most of the other minutes

Noveroske could get back up center minutes, but I can see them moving gulbe to 5 when holmes comes out in favor of a smaller lineup

Patterson's rehab seems to be moving along but our staff hasnt even seen her play as she hasnt been able to practice

Staff doesn't seem to trust wilson with pg minutes so she will be 3rd on the PG depth chart

Waggoner and warthen will have any remaining minutes at guard

FWIW this is the kind of player I was talking about when I say I like the ones that dont chase and publicize offers for clout and such. Played for one of the top teams in 1A. similar to grace waggoner level of competition and her stats in hs. Teammate is a '20 lady vols commit. Played in the same league as karly weathers who is another really really nice player I'm pretty sure we have offered as well

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Wow. Strong pickup based on the articles. Averaged 20 pts/game while only playing an average of 21 minutes/game because they were blowing teams out. Dang. Pretty cool that she committed without even visiting campus. Means she must be really bought into this coaching staff.

Does anybody know why she’s ranked in her class? Assuming she’s about a four-star recruit based on stats and being a finalist for state’s Miss Basketball. 

11 hours ago, Hoosierfan31 said:

Very nice addition..but will she play meaningful minutes as a pg? I remember amber deane being a good player who ended up only playing a few clean up minutes here and there. And thinking about how moren always reverted back to patberg at point after saying she wanted to move her to the 2 guard all last summer. I hope we find some minutes for this girl

According to the ESPN article, she put up 41 points against Penn State last year. Seems like we can probably find some room for her on the court. Remember at the end of last year how much our depth became an issue and the team just looked gassed and was having trouble closing out games? This type of player keeps the pedal on the gas when first subs come in while letting Ali P and Grace B keep their legs fresh to finish games. 

1 hour ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

According to the ESPN article, she put up 41 points against Penn State last year. Seems like we can probably find some room for her on the court. Remember at the end of last year how much our depth became an issue and the team just looked gassed and was having trouble closing out games? This type of player keeps the pedal on the gas when first subs come in while letting Ali P and Grace B keep their legs fresh to finish games. 

Yes but she is a scorer, not a shooter. She shot 27% from 3 last season and usually attempted 20+ FGA per game. The type of player to bring nice instant offense off the bench.

Nice article from Hoosier Sports Report on Chloe Moore-McNeil and how we've been in contact with her since junior high school.

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2020/04/iu-women-add-2020-pg-moore-mcneil/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

4 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Nice article from Hoosier Sports Report on Chloe Moore-McNeil and how we've been in contact with her since junior high school.

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2020/04/iu-women-add-2020-pg-moore-mcneil/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

The comments section below that article was pretty critical of CMM’s potential. Sounds like she may be a bit of a project? 

3 hours ago, JerryYeagley23 said:

The comments section below that article was pretty critical of CMM’s potential. Sounds like she may be a bit of a project? 

We offered her on monday, if she was a high major recruit, she would have had offers before then. Rumor has it she wanted to go to UK or UTK but the offer never came. I did some research and it seems her offers were OVC level. She decided between IU and Cincinnati, her two latest and highest offers.

Her teammate Tess Darby was highly recruited by SEC schools who also followed chloe but never extended her offers. Basically she is the kind of recruit you keep on the back burner and offer late if nothing else pans out--that being said, she is a nice athlete who is about on the level of waggoner. Played about the same level of competition that vincennes rivet would play too, hence the eye popping numbers.

Saw her at an indy aau a few years back, she can contribute here but it wont be right away for sure

Clarifies she's not a grad transfer but has 1 year of eligibility remaining.  If NCAA doesn't rescind its present "sit one" rule with an immediate effective date, she'll have to sit out the '20-'21 season which she says she was prepared to do when she announced her transfer to IU.

http://www.hoosiersportsreport.com/2020/04/transfer-cardano-hillary-knows-enough-to-pick-iu/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter