Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

Just now, Chris007 said:

He's looked to be 4th on the depth chart at who is getting carries. I was told he wasn't happy. No surprise really. I'm guessing Spiegal will get a scholly if we have one open. He's been getting the 3rd string reps. 

yeah I don't think it is surprising honestly. He hasn't gotten the carries in games or in practice so he might as well look elsewhere. Nobody's fault. 

Just unfortunate. 

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Must've gotten the feeling cemented that Stephen Carr has been brought in to be the main event.

Baldwin might just be the man in that room. Hart hit that one out of the park. 

Don’t forget about Mr. Utility David Ellis either. 

Indiana adds Jonathan Haynes, a DB transfer from Ole Miss. Second transfer from them after they beat us in January. Looks to have had a pretty productive career at Ole Miss over two years. 

https://olemisssports.com/sports/football/roster/jon-haynes/2646

https://247sports.com/player/jonathan-haynes-46052728/

13 hours ago, BtownStrength said:

What do we expect from Carr this season? A Stevie Scott type year? More? 

I personally expect more. Loved Stevie, but he was pretty one dimensional in the run game. Plus the o-line last year isn't of the caliber that is expected of this year. 

On 8/17/2021 at 7:55 AM, IUc2016 said:

I personally expect more. Loved Stevie, but he was pretty one dimensional in the run game. Plus the o-line last year isn't of the caliber that is expected of this year. 

Agreed, I expect more of a threat for big plays and catches, maybe you give back some pass protection and short-yardage success. But overall a net gain. 

Agreed, I expect more of a threat for big plays and catches, maybe you give back some pass protection and short-yardage success. But overall a net gain. 
One thing we haven't had with stevie was break away speed is that something that carr has? I don't know much about him but know that Stevie was often caught on big plays.

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

13 minutes ago, Magnanimous said:

Will vaccinated players be tested?

Only if they are a close contact of someone testing positive. I do know that IU did a different type of testing this week to get ready for the first game. Hopefully, everyone was prepared but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one or two who failed the test. Not sure what the punishment would be for a first-time offender. 

https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-releases-covid-19-guidelines-suggests-longer-quarantines-for-unvaccinated/gDMmfe6xFKbO

7 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Only if they are a close contact of someone testing positive. I do know that IU did a different type of testing this week to get ready for the first game. Hopefully, everyone was prepared but I wouldn't be surprised if there is one or two who failed the test. Not sure what the punishment would be for a first-time offender. 

https://theathletic.com/news/ncaa-releases-covid-19-guidelines-suggests-longer-quarantines-for-unvaccinated/gDMmfe6xFKbO

So if the whole team is vaxxed then no testing this season?