Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

34 minutes ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

Notes: 

Haggard is now 305, 35 pound gain from last year 

Tim Baldwin is the presumed starter for the time being 

This obviously means nothing until we get closer to the end of August but Carr is a Doak Walker candidate at 3rd string?? Odd but ok….Ziemba is ahead of Handy AND DK??? No freaking way. Thomas Allen 3rd string??? Is he even playing this year?

I’ve got questions 

On 7/23/2021 at 2:11 PM, KzooHoosier82 said:

This obviously means nothing until we get closer to the end of August but Carr is a Doak Walker candidate at 3rd string?? Odd but ok….Ziemba is ahead of Handy AND DK??? No freaking way. Thomas Allen 3rd string??? Is he even playing this year?

I’ve got questions 

Excellent point- I'm amazed how fast guys recover from major injuries now. 

If he is 100% and is 3rd string than IU has legit depth, IMO!!

I thought I heard that fall camp starts August 5th? Has anyone heard different?

I know the NCAA changed the rules this past spring so things are a little different. Just ready for as much IU football content as I can get leading up to the season. 

https://www.espn.com/college-football/insider/story/_/id/31899838/college-football-recruiting-which-teams-overperforming-which-underperforming

IU included in teams that are overperforming in recruiting. IU has 4 ESPN 300 commits for the first time ever and the 19th ranked class. 

Unfortunately.... of the other 3 teams mentioned, 2 of them are in the BIG East (PSU and Rutgers). 

8 hours ago, Hooserfan1901 said:

That really doesn’t tell us anything. If charges come down he’ll quickly be off the team. Pretty crazy that charges haven’t been brought against someone at this point. If it wasn’t Jaylin, he obviously knows who was driving his car

1 minute ago, Stuhoo said:

Must've gotten the feeling cemented that Stephen Carr has been brought in to be the main event.

Plus I think Tim Baldwin has him beat on the depth chart. He was number 1 coming out of spring and was really impressive late in the year last year when he got carries.

Unfortunate since James was an Indy kid and one of the highest rated recruits ever for IU. 

40 minutes ago, IUc2016 said:

Plus I think Tim Baldwin has him beat on the depth chart. He was number 1 coming out of spring and was really impressive late in the year last year when he got carries.

Unfortunate since James was an Indy kid and one of the highest rated recruits ever for IU. 

He's looked to be 4th on the depth chart at who is getting carries. I was told he wasn't happy. No surprise really. I'm guessing Spiegal will get a scholly if we have one open. He's been getting the 3rd string reps.