Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

6 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

When I saw this, it really riled me up. I was never a big fan of Andy Katz, but what the hell? ... Has he never been to Bloomington? ... And what the f--- is up with Minnesota at No. 5? That's almost as lame as Purdue's campus ... 

This probably doesn't belong here, but I didn't think it deserved a thread of its own. If mods want to move it or delete it, fine by me. I just thought: IU in the fall -- there's nothing better. And since fall goes with football ... 

Tf lol

How is Ann Arbor on this list? ... What in the honest world is going on with this list

35 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

When I saw this, it really riled me up. I was never a big fan of Andy Katz, but what the hell? ... Has he never been to Bloomington? ... And what the f--- is up with Minnesota at No. 5? That's almost as lame as Purdue's campus ... 

This probably doesn't belong here, but I didn't think it deserved a thread of its own. If mods want to move it or delete it, fine by me. I just thought: IU in the fall -- there's nothing better. And since fall goes with football ... 

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that Andy Katz has been to only 5 B1G campuses total.

1 hour ago, Artie86 said:

Interesting......early NCAA football rankings from the latest Sporting News. IU/"Good Guys" @ #15........

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-football/news/college-football-rankings-top-25-alabama-clemson-ohio-state/m6gbiea8dvjr15gqedl1vo7xj

I typed the sentence, "IU-Cincy is 1 of the flat out best non-conference games in the country this year."

I looked at it for a minute and started laughing out loud. That's just bazaar to even contemplate.

Except for the part about how it absolutely is.

3 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

4 hours ago, Hoosier Roots said:

I’m going to go out on a limb and guess that Andy Katz has been to only 5 B1G campuses total.

I'll go with 6, because he very well could have gone to Purdue's campus... such a visit would have had no bearing on a list of the top 5 most scenic campuses in the BIG. 

While I enjoy seeing the respect IUFB is getting (ESPN's Way-Too-Early Rankings have them at 10) with these preseason rankings I have to remind myself that Ole Miss beat them in the bowl game and PSU was a preseason top 10 last year. 

Hopefully they continue from last year's success and don't lay an egg like PSU did last year.  

17 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

While I enjoy seeing the respect IUFB is getting (ESPN's Way-Too-Early Rankings have them at 10) with these preseason rankings I have to remind myself that Ole Miss beat them in the bowl game and PSU was a preseason top 10 last year. 

Hopefully they continue from last year's success and don't lay an egg like PSU did last year.  

Ole Miss got to practice. Our bowl prep was NOT a normal bowl prep. Both Cords had Covid and A LOT of our players had it. Not an excuse, but it is fact.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Prime time @ WKU.

1) Thank goodness I have that channel.

2) Double thank goodness I can access Fisch/Suhr the Elder on TuneIn instead of listening to the P-level announcers that they'll have on the call.

2 hours ago, btownqb said:

Ole Miss got to practice. Our bowl prep was NOT a normal bowl prep. Both Cords had Covid and A LOT of our players had it. Not an excuse, but it is fact.

If we're being honest with ourselves there was absolutely nothing normal about the entire season last year.  Yet another reminder to myself.  I guess I'm just being cautiously optimistic.  The culture is there and last year's wins help move this train forward and I'm ecstatic to be riding on it.  LEO

36 minutes ago, Lebowski said:

If we're being honest with ourselves there was absolutely nothing normal about the entire season last year.  Yet another reminder to myself.  I guess I'm just being cautiously optimistic.  The culture is there and last year's wins help move this train forward and I'm ecstatic to be riding on it.  LEO

I get though. So close to being "proven" 

3 hours ago, Lebowski said:

I have a friend (an IU grad) who feels very similar to you, I think.  He felt that we were lucky to beat PSU and they were actually pretty bad...and I'm guessing his thoughts also include the "it was a down year for the BIG".  So, I just say IU has to keep moving forward and do it again.  My friend is totally expecting a step backwards this season.  It's another tough schedule for IU.  GO HOOSIERS!!

Edited by rayl456