Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

3 minutes ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Not sure where to put this/what to make of this, but Coach Warren dropped a 'fun' little GIF on the Twitter yesterday - make of it as you wish, potential McCullough tea leaves?!

934649146_ScreenShot2021-04-25at12_20_06PM.thumb.png.3f50d64ab1ee4177547935541020b5d2.png

All the coaches tweet them out when someone commits. Deland II committed yesterday. 

48 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Basketball will be the same as of now. 

Our first five-star? 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/report-iu-football-could-work-the-transfer-portal-to-land-first-ever-5-star-recruit/?fbclid=IwAR0M0Vpmc6jiGR661rPT-a_KGNUqg7FJsYWC42axid8BrlhwQgjHptAjByg

(I'm not sure how recruiting rankings worked way back in the day, but I'm assuming that Dave Schnell, Anthony Thompson and possibly Vaughn Dunbar would've been five stars?)

26 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Our first five-star? 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/report-iu-football-could-work-the-transfer-portal-to-land-first-ever-5-star-recruit/?fbclid=IwAR0M0Vpmc6jiGR661rPT-a_KGNUqg7FJsYWC42axid8BrlhwQgjHptAjByg

(I'm not sure how recruiting rankings worked way back in the day, but I'm assuming that Dave Schnell, Anthony Thompson and possibly Vaughn Dunbar would've been five stars?)

Schnell was labled as the best player in the country by Sports Illustrated coming into college so he’s gotta be the highest “rated” prospect of all time. I know AT was a Parade All American but I don’t know if that lands him in the top 30 in the country or not since it’s based on position and not overall top prospect. 

Even if this kid comes here, I don’t expect to be getting a 5 star-esque caliber of player. He was clearly overrated coming into USC but would provide valuable depth and production filling in for Stevie. I’m not sold on Sampson James yet but I hope he’ll make strides working with DMC

23 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

3 home games in the non con that year. ODU, Indiana State, and Louisville. I’ve been waiting for that series for years.

20 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Pretty high praise considering he hasn't made it through a full season yet (not criticizing; just stating a fact). 

I don't think that is necessarily an opinion, I think they are just stating what their data told them.

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/college-football-staff-picks-group-of-five-coaches-ready-to-make-a-jump-to-the-power-five-level/

This article goes to show you that the National media doesn't have a clue. CBS regraded the coaches hired in the 2017 offseason which included Tom Allen. The original grade they gave him at the time of the hire was a C-. The grade they give him now is an A. Some other interesting grades are Luke Fickell and Willie Taggart.

Funny enough, they did this same thing a few weeks ago for basketball for the 2017 coaching hires. Archie's original grade was an A. His current and final grade was a C.

As Dakich would say, Who ranks these rankers?

When I saw this, it really riled me up. I was never a big fan of Andy Katz, but what the hell? ... Has he never been to Bloomington? ... And what the f--- is up with Minnesota at No. 5? That's almost as lame as Purdue's campus ... 

This probably doesn't belong here, but I didn't think it deserved a thread of its own. If mods want to move it or delete it, fine by me. I just thought: IU in the fall -- there's nothing better. And since fall goes with football ...