Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

6 hours ago, jmsgws said:

Part of the raise is coming from betting on increased revenue by the Football team this fall.  You know the University has to be counting on some momentum from last year, and the fact KNOCK ON WOOD, Covid is down to a level that fans can come back to the stadium.  The pent up demand to do things this fall is going to be out of this world. 

Couldn't this be said about basketball too?

Don't get me wrong, Allen deserves it.  I just wonder why Dolson implied that basketball raises could not come from the athletics budget but football could.

Don't get me wrong, Allen deserves it.  I just wonder why Dolson implied that basketball raises could not come from the athletics budget but football could.
I think Dolson just meant the buyout and any $ associated with the transition. Not about raises. Could be wrong

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

8 hours ago, Josh said:

I would not think so, because there is not as much upside in BB.  AH is sold out almost every game already.  Sure there are empty seats, but most of them were sold. The only place there could be for more revenue is on regular TV  not the B1G network.  I think IU gets a bigger share of that revenue, but I am not 100% sure.  

Now instead of remodeling AH, if they would have done the smart thing and torn it down and made it bigger.......  I know that is blaphesmy, but financially it would have made sense.  

1 hour ago, jmsgws said:

I would not think so, because there is not as much upside in BB.  AH is sold out almost every game already.  Sure there are empty seats, but most of them were sold. The only place there could be for more revenue is on regular TV  not the B1G network.  I think IU gets a bigger share of that revenue, but I am not 100% sure.  

Now instead of remodeling AH, if they would have done the smart thing and torn it down and made it bigger.......  I know that is blaphesmy, but financially it would have made sense.  

I was so ready to like your post until the blasphemy!  If wrecking balls ever find their way to Assembly Hall I will duct tape myself to the banners in protest

1 minute ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Redshirt freshman QB Dexter Williams II tore his ACL during spring practice. Jack Tuttle is now the only healthy scholarship QB practicing this spring. 

that is no bueno

31 minutes ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Redshirt freshman QB Dexter Williams II tore his ACL during spring practice. Jack Tuttle is now the only healthy scholarship QB practicing this spring. 

Other one is playing in a state championship basketball game on Saturday 

4 hours ago, ThompsonHoosier said:

Is there a problem with IU Football conditioning program?

Zach Carpenter, OG transfer from Michigan.

That's awesome to hear from a UM transfer. Suggests the IU culture is better than one of the premier football programs in the conference

39 minutes ago, rcs29 said:

That's awesome to hear from a UM transfer. Suggests the IU culture is better than one of the premier football programs in the conference

I'm pretty sure he had a quote somewhere after he committed here that he could tell from the opposite sideline last season that he wanted to be a part of this. 

3 minutes ago, NashvilleHoosier said:

I'm pretty sure he had a quote somewhere after he committed here that he could tell from the opposite sideline last season that he wanted to be a part of this. 

Ryder Anderson said something similar from the bowl game.

Ryder Anderson said something similar from the bowl game.
Hopefully this continues to impact recruiting and we start landing even bigger fish. Need to back up last year's results or close to it. 8-4 or better with a bowl win and I think this thing just takes off like crazy. I hope anyhow

1 hour ago, RBB89 said:

It's truly unbelievable that being included in this article isn't crazy. We are even listed as a statement game for Cincy. Read that again. A win AT INDIANA in FOOTBALL will be a statement win for a team with playoff aspirations. It's just incredible what Tom Allen has going in Bloomington right now. Even if we end the season 8-4 and in the Music City bowl (selfishly, not a terrible outcome!) I'll still believe it's incredible where our football program is at.