Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

2 minutes ago, ncomp4 said:

UGA DB’s coach Charlton Warren hired as IUFB’s new Defensive Coordinator. Warren has experience at Air Force, UNC, Tennessee, Florida, and Nebraska. Has spent the past two years with Georgia. Ranked the 23rd best recruiter by 247Sports.

His reputation as a recruiter exceeds his reputation as a developer of skills.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

His reputation as a recruiter exceeds his reputation as a developer of skills.

I’m not sure how much development of talent DC’s do. I’m more interested in his game management/preparation skills along with recruiting. The development comes from the position coaches

Kind of a nice little story about Peyton Ramsey. He talks about his time in Bloomington, his relationship with his former teammates and the chance (very remote) that NW could've played us in the B1G title game. Says he was disappointed that Penix got the gig over him in 2019, but understood the decision. And since he was able to graduate and transfer without sitting out the 2020 season, he figured it was time to move on ... 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/former-iu-quarterback-peyton-ramsey-didnt-want-to-see-his-former-program-in-big-ten-title-game/?fbclid=IwAR1EWUUIF0agvbMcCmyENTJTBKieiolLfZ-EM4zUWueCdtLpqLVJepXG9HY

37 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Kind of a nice little story about Peyton Ramsey. He talks about his time in Bloomington, his relationship with his former teammates and the chance (very remote) that NW could've played us in the B1G title game. Says he was disappointed that Penix got the gig over him in 2019, but understood the decision. And since he was able to graduate and transfer without sitting out the 2020 season, he figured it was time to move on ... 

https://www.thedailyhoosier.com/former-iu-quarterback-peyton-ramsey-didnt-want-to-see-his-former-program-in-big-ten-title-game/?fbclid=IwAR1EWUUIF0agvbMcCmyENTJTBKieiolLfZ-EM4zUWueCdtLpqLVJepXG9HY

Id say things worked out pretty well for him.

Football schedule for next season

Indiana Hoosiers

Sept. 4: at Iowa
Sept. 11: vs. Idaho
Sept. 18: vs. Cincinnati
Sept. 25: at Western Kentucky
Oct. 2: at Penn State
Oct. 9: Bye week
Oct. 16: vs. Michigan State
Oct. 23: vs. Ohio State
Oct. 30: at Maryland
Nov. 6: at Michigan
Nov 13: vs. Rutgers
Nov. 20: vs. Minnesota
Nov. 27: at Purdue

Sent from my SM-A515U1 using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, ncomp4 said:

Allen makes a splash hire once again - Kansas City Chiefs RB Coach Deland McCullough will return to Indiana and replace the vacancy left by Mike Hart’s departure. McCullough was the RB Coach for the Hoosiers from 2011-2016, coaching both Jordan Howard and Tevin Coleman to the NFL.

That's an upgrade over what we had. 

27 minutes ago, ncomp4 said:

Allen makes a splash hire once again - Kansas City Chiefs RB Coach Deland McCullough will return to Indiana and replace the vacancy left by Mike Hart’s departure. McCullough was the RB Coach for the Hoosiers from 2011-2016, coaching both Jordan Howard and Tevin Coleman to the NFL.

I'm not sure my mind can accept all of the positive IU athletics news over the past 2 days....

But this is huge!

28 minutes ago, ncomp4 said:

It’s far from official so be patient. The potential icing on the cake could be DM’s son Desan. Currently committed to OSU but I’d be less than shocked if he flipped to join his dad. I also see this as a parlay move to OC. With another couple solid seasons Seridan will be moving on, making way for DM to become the new OC. This is potentially a big, big get for the program 

I thought the name Deland McCullough rang a bell -- and for more than having spent time at IU. He has a great story. He was adopted, and a few years back, started searching for his biological parents. After locating his mother, she told him his father was someone he had known his whole life -- a man who had coached him and served as somewhat of a mentor. His name is Sherman Smith -- and he had no idea Deland was his son. The woman who he had a dalliance with in high school never told him she got pregnant. Sherman actually recruited Deland to play at Miami-Ohio -- never knowing that actually was his son. A very cool story ... 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/24505521/the-jaw-dropping-story-nfl-coach-search-family

This is a very rough YouTube version of the ESPN E-60 story they did on him. 

7 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

I thought the name Deland McCullough rang a bell -- and for more than having spent time at IU. He has a great story. He was adopted, and a few years back, started searching for his biological parents. After locating his mother, she told him his father was someone he had known his whole life -- a man who had coached him and served as somewhat of a mentor. His name is Sherman Smith -- and he had no idea Deland was his son. The woman who he had a dalliance with in high school never told him she got pregnant. Sherman actually recruited Deland to play at Miami-Ohio -- never knowing that actually was his son. A very cool story ... 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/id/24505521/the-jaw-dropping-story-nfl-coach-search-family

This is a very rough YouTube version of the ESPN E-60 story they did on him. 

One of my favorite E:60 editions. I have to imagine this move has something to do with his own son and spending more time with him as he goes into college. No better way to do that than have him join us. Would be the highest rated recruit in IU history....the possibilities DM brings to this program are endless. Might be the biggest RB coach hire in the history of college RB coaches

16 minutes ago, KzooHoosier82 said:

It’s far from official so be patient. The potential icing on the cake could be DM’s son Desan. Currently committed to OSU but I’d be less than shocked if he flipped to join his dad. I also see this as a parlay move to OC. With another couple solid seasons Seridan will be moving on, making way for DM to become the new OC. This is potentially a big, big get for the program 

Profile on Dasan: https://247sports.com/player/dasan-mccullough-46059433/

As you mentioned, currently an OSU commit but we all know how football commitments go.
6'5", 220 pounds, 4-star and 54th nationally ranked player in the 2022 class. 43 offers at the moment: Bama, OSU, Clemson, Georgia, pretty much everyone.

22 minutes ago, ncomp4 said:

Profile on Dasan: https://247sports.com/player/dasan-mccullough-46059433/

As you mentioned, currently an OSU commit but we all know how football commitments go.
6'5", 220 pounds, 4-star and 54th nationally ranked player in the 2022 class. 43 offers at the moment: Bama, OSU, Clemson, Georgia, pretty much everyone.

If Dasan isn’t exactly what CTA had in mind when he developed his Husky position, I don’t know what was. After watching his highlight tape, he’s like the player you create in EA Sports NCAA Football. Tall, fast, athletic, good hands, hits hard and has excellent field awareness. He can play virtually anywhere on defense, WR, TE and I’d be shocked if his dad didn’t teach him some solid RB moves over the years. I’m excited to see this play out