Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

IUFB Offseason Updates

Matt Rhea, PhD‏ @MattRheaPhD

We challenged our guys in January to trust the system, give us their best effort, and transform our team speed. Last fall: 3 guys > 21 mph; 5 > 20 mph. @IndianaFootball  Current speed board Keep it rolling boys!

Df01aurXUAAwBXd.jpg

We challenged our guys in January to trust the system, give us their best effort, and transform our team speed. Last fall: 3 guys > 21 mph; 5 > 20 mph. @IndianaFootball  Current speed board Keep it rolling boys!
Df01aurXUAAwBXd.jpg&key=4149ee3d2cdbc2f290c0db4683c47959e7fcd7b7accc989a58fce47a512f8c06
That is truly impressive! Let's hope it leads to better performance on the field.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

On 6/16/2018 at 1:12 PM, ThompsonHoosier said:

That is truly impressive! Let's hope it leads to better performance on the field.

I totally agree.  I guess the mantra of "You can't teach/coach speed" is out the window when it comes to Dr. Rhea.  Am I wrong?  I really like seeing a bunch of defensive players on that list.  Surely it will, at a minimum, help with pursuit tackling, right?

On 6/16/2018 at 2:04 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Df01aurXUAAwBXd.jpg

Anyone have any idea who the DB and WR are that hit 23?

2 minutes ago, Me So Hornsby said:

Losing a commit stinks, but man what a run this staff just had

Yeah it stinks, but we have some other WRs we are after and it’s hard to turn down hometown school after UNC offers......wish him the best for sure. 

Just now, lucel15 said:

Yeah it stinks, but we have some other WRs we are after and it’s hard to turn down hometown school after UNC offers......wish him the best for sure. 

Then to quote myself....there’s always that slim chance he could flip back....his family was very high on coach Allen. And to be honest Larry fedora isn’t in the best situations down there....he’s somewhat on/off the hot seat right now. Basically a butt cheek on each seat. People thought after that 11-3 season it would be smooth sailing....last season was very disappointing for them down there

Let’s hope this team is ready because there is basically no margin for error. You can pretty much say we have 9 games to get 6 wins(let’s just hope we stay healthy against OSU, UM and PSU). MSU and Iowa are going to be super tough anyways. FIU, Virginia, Ball State, Rutgers, Maryland and Purdue are the 6 to mark on the calendar as best chances.. drop any of those and you can say bye bye to a bowl bid for a second straight year under Allen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

This is also before seeing how our quarterback play shapes up and also if there’s any drop off defensively. I feel our secondary will be just as good but not having Scales or Covington fears me for our run defense. I’m usually full of optimism going into IUFB seasons but I don’t have much this year.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm actually a little more optimistic this year than I was last year.  Adding another QB with RPO experience really boosted my glass half full outlook.  I've mentioned on here before but I think they have a really good chance to start off the season 4-1.  And of the other remaining games on the schedule I think there are 4 games (home: Iowa, Maryland, Purdue; away: Minnesota) that might be winnable.  And if they can run the ball and stop the run they'll win more than we're accustom to seeing, might even get an upset or two in.    

Some updates from Big Ten media day in Chicago:

• Georgia Tech LB transfer TD Roof will be eligible to play this season (big news for a position in need).
  • IU will honor coach Mallory by wearing a helmet decal each week.
  • QB competition is open and no starter has been named.
  • Fatigue and depth were issues in finishing games last season. Team trying to address that with better conditioning and building depth.