Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kilroy

Fun IUBB season?

I'm starting to appreciate Cubs fans as it is so much easier being a bad team than a good team. Three years ago when IU wasn't expected to win anything, the Illinois and Minnesota games were amazing. Last year that Kentucky game was one of the best moments in my basketball memory dating back to at least the IU-Duke game in 2002.

But seems like all the best moments are when IU is the underdog and manages to squeak out a win. Just seems like the losses are much more painful this year and the wins are just a relief for having done when should have been done. Seems like the Illinois Fans and Minnesota fans had a lot more fun with the upset than IU fans have had this year during home games.

But hard to complain about being really good. 

I definitely see where you are coming from Kilroy.  Being the one with the target on your back and a heavy set of expectations on your shoulders makes the season more stressful for sure. Not to mention it's fun to be the underdog every once in a while.  But it's definitely a burden I'm willing to live with. The talented but non-elite teams may have fun picking at the big dogs for a while but playing deep into March is what it's all about for us. Nothing would be more fun than raising banner 6 and celebrating on Kirkwood!