Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Chilly willy

Don't Panic -- Losses Were Expected...MOSTLY

5 minutes ago, Chilly willy said:

We are in a bad stretch, however it is not time to panic because these defeats were to be expected if u look at them objectively

1.  WISCONSIN -- it is very hard to beat cheese --- you get a big piece of Asiago in the post and they will dominate the paint on both sides of the ball

2.  LOUISVILLE -- those horseys are fast and u can't expect to run with them for 40 minutes -- when u couple that w/fact they have a jockey on their back, it means we were playing 10 against 5 and u just can't compete with that

3.  BUTLER -- in the day of social media, if we were to beat the living hell out of your butler, we would be crucified on facebook/twitter for being an obnoxious rich person -- it is better to take the loss and keep our character

4.  FORT WAYNE -- you can't expect to win a fight when you are GOING TO THEIR FORT -- this one was just poor military planning on the part of the AD, never would have happened with Knight

5.  NEBRASKA --- i have no clue why we lost to nebraska....splitting corn is not a superpower that we should fear

1. Wisconsin probably played there worst game against us in years and we still lost. I understand we struggle against Wisconsin, but a good coach figures out how to win games eventually.

2. Louisville I will give you that was a tough game on a neutral floor in Indianapolis. 

3. Butler It is not a boost in character to lose a game. We are not the bad guy for winning. We are a team that came out competed and won. Running up the score would not be good and ruin our character but just simply winning I don't think so.

4. I do not care where we play Fort Wayne whether it be in Fort Wayne, in Bloomington, on a street in downtown Indy or on the Moon I expect us to win that game and win it by a significant margin.

5. Nebraska is a team we should beat annually to improve out stock in the B1G.

1 hour ago, brandct said:

1. Wisconsin probably played there worst game against us in years and we still lost. I understand we struggle against Wisconsin, but a good coach figures out how to win games eventually.

2. Louisville I will give you that was a tough game on a neutral floor in Indianapolis. 

3. Butler It is not a boost in character to lose a game. We are not the bad guy for winning. We are a team that came out competed and won. Running up the score would not be good and ruin our character but just simply winning I don't think so.

4. I do not care where we play Fort Wayne whether it be in Fort Wayne, in Bloomington, on a street in downtown Indy or on the Moon I expect us to win that game and win it by a significant margin.

5. Nebraska is a team we should beat annually to improve out stock in the B1G.

YES!

None of those counterpoints address the overriding extraordinary situation first raised; that being how hard it is to "beat cheese" in the paint, 'specially when it's Asiago.

Nor does it address the extremely valid point regarding the defensive advantages of a fort when an opposing team attempts an invasion without the time nor resources to conduct a proper and extended siege.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

There is no reason we couldn't have beaten Ft Wayne, especially with the crowd there being pro IU.  We got out coached in all of the games we lost, plain and simple.  No defense, turnovers, and silly mistakes will make this a powerful NIT team.

This thread disappoints me, less rah rah, more vile, please.

Smile Guy Fawkes. Not all things need to be handled with anger, rebellion, and barrels of gunpowder placed directly under the feet of your enemies.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, ebridges24 said:

My son and I haven't watched the last three games because we could see the slump coming. I don't know why, but we always seem to have a real bad stretch at some point in the season no matter how good we are.

Well then...should I watch the next three games?!?