Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) PF Jake Forrester to IU

From what I've seen from this kid I actually really like it. As another poster mentioned, he just looks good in that jersey. With his size and wingspan we could have a big steal on our hands here. Not to derail the thread but Clifton Moore sure is going to have a lot of competition for playing time, hope he brings it.

I really like this kids potential and wouldn't get wrapped up in his low rank. He looks long and extremely athletic (especially his calves). I don't think you can underestimate the importance of having athletic bigs in Archie's system. When Archie said he was going to base his recruiting model off UNC, he wasn't joking. I feel Forrester will play a similar role to UNC's Isaiah Hicks and be a great rim protector, has the ability to get out in transition/run the floor, and make plays above the rim. I truly believe he will play a key role in the years to come. 

Always excited to see the next Hoosier. Congrats to Forrester. A recruiting bonanza.

Wonder if we are truly going after Garland or not?

Either way, add Langford to this group and its an amazing foundation class. No doubt about it.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I do like this move more and more. Took me a little time to warm up just based on the fact we are in on so many exciting big-time recruits. But if this kid comes in and plays over Clifton Moore it's a very valuable get. It wasn't that ideal having just two big guys on the roster for 2018 (one we have never even seen play). Now we just need one to really step up behind Davis and provide good minutes. Long-term hopefully both develop into solid 3-4 year contributors. 

I watched 2 of Forresters games. That team had Mo Bamba (Texas), Brandon Randolph (Arizona), Cam Reddish (Duke) on it. Forrester definitely blended in. He wasn't the go to guy. It didn't impress me, but that was a year ago and he had 3 of the best players in the country on his team.

I feel since the staff is full bore on this kid, his potential is legit. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what he can do going forward.

20 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Always excited to see the next Hoosier. Congrats to Forrester. A recruiting bonanza.

Wonder if we are truly going after Garland or not?

Either way, add Langford to this group and its an amazing foundation class. No doubt about it.

Oh they are. An invite to the midnight event (our HH)  in the current class is evidence

I watched 2 of Forresters games. That team had Mo Bamba (Texas), Brandon Randolph (Arizona), Cam Reddish (Duke) on it. Forrester definitely blended in. He wasn't the go to guy. It didn't impress me, but that was a year ago and he had 3 of the best players in the country on his team.

I feel since the staff is full bore on this kid, his potential is legit. I'm eagerly awaiting to see what he can do going forward.

This is a skill in itself. Forrester isn't being recruited to be the man. He'll need to bulk up (and hopefully grow a few inches) and be a solid backup. I like the addition.

Moore won't be playing the same position but they could play at the same time in a long front court.

I really like the Forrester's upside but with Clifton Moore and Race Thompson in the '17 class and the guys that they are in on early in '19 at the PF and/or comboforwards it's a bit surprising if you ask me.

Like Clifton Moore I can see him as a career 3rd string PF or he puts it together and reaches that upside he has but there is a reason both are rated 3 star prospects. 

I will like this pickup even more if he's (RS) red-shirted next season because the athleticism and upside is there but like I said before there is a reason it called up side and like I said before there is reason why he's only rated 3 star.  

It just makes sense to RS him IMO, because come the 2018-19 season IU is going to have a senior PF in Juwan Morgan, the very similar Moore will have a season under his belt and the RS Freshman with a year of practice under his belt. There is no real reason to waste a year on being the 4th PF next season. 

I really like the Forrester's upside but with Clifton Moore and Race Thompson in the '17 class and the guys that they are in on early in '19 at the PF and/or comboforwards it's a bit surprising if you ask me.
Like Clifton Moore I can see him as a career 3rd string PF or he puts it together and reaches that upside he has but there is a reason both are rated 3 star prospects. 
I will like this pickup even more if he's (RS) red-shirted next season because the athleticism and upside is there but like I said before there is a reason it called up side and like I said before there is reason why he's only rated 3 star.  
It just makes sense to RS him IMO, because come the 2018-19 season IU is going to have a senior PF in Juwan Morgan, the very similar Moore will have a season under his belt and the RS Freshman with a year of practice under his belt. There is no real reason to waste a year on being the 4th PF next season. 

I believe he was recruited to be more of a 5 than as a PF. Also, the combo forwards that are being recruited in 2019 will start from day 1 and only be around a year or two. Forrester is a backup big his first few years. (Hopefully behind Davis)