Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

IU Women's Basketball Record Book

just had this conversation with someone,  but has there ever been a player at IU in any sport more overlooked/under appreciated than Cahill? It is possible she  finishes her career as the #2 all time scorer (more that likely ends 4th if we make the final,but 2 is a possibility), #2 all time rebounder, and #4 in blocks.  It can be argued that she is the 2nd best player in the history of the program, and all we hear about is Tyra. 
Obviously Tyra is the best one to play here, and has career records for scoring, assists and steals, but what Cahill has done deserves to be celebrated as well.

This is absolutely true. I saw where someone said good luck to "buss and the seniors" and I was just sitting here like... Amanda, her name is Amanda cahill

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

In general, women's basketball is overlooked.  Cahill has been amazing, will truly miss her overall presence.  No better example of a "glue player" than Cahill- she has allowed all the other players to maximize their talents, while still putting up impressive numbers herself.  I do feel very happy this Btown Banners has so many knowledgeable and passionate IUWB fans- most sites don't have a fraction of what we do! 

4 hours ago, mamasa said:

In general, women's basketball is overlooked.  Cahill has been amazing, will truly miss her overall presence.  No better example of a "glue player" than Cahill- she has allowed all the other players to maximize their talents, while still putting up impressive numbers herself.  I do feel very happy this Btown Banners has so many knowledgeable and passionate IUWB fans- most sites don't have a fraction of what we do! 

Again I think calling her a "glue player" greatly understates her contributions to the program.  I could argue that she is the second best player ever to wear an IU uniform.  Will be in the top 4 on career list for scoring, rebounding (potentially 2nd in both) and blocked shots.  Add to this, the team success with her here has been the best 4 year run in program history.  Her 328 career assists just miss the top 10 (Kim Land in 10th at 341) and her 184 steals place her 8th with a chance to move into 7th with 1 more.  She has had a GREAT career that many times goes underappreciated because she is playing with Tyra.

With that said, not sure either is as productive without the other, but I think just about everyone would consider Tyra to be the best to play here, but Amanda could easily be considered number 2, and absolutely needs to be recognized in the top 5

Thank you for the kind words and thanks to all of you-I silently follow along once a week or so.  I doubt I'll be here as much next year but will still be rooting for IU.  
As for B and her ranking in IU-I think we'd both agree she really only cared about winning and being a great teammate.  I would say she did OK with the first and was really good at the latter. 
Thanks again to all of you and Go Hoosiers.

This is Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thank you for the kind words and thanks to all of you-I silently follow along once a week or so.  I doubt I'll be here as much next year but will still be rooting for IU.  
As for B and her ranking in IU-I think we'd both agree she really only cared about winning and being a great teammate.  I would say she did OK with the first and was really good at the latter. 
Thanks again to all of you and Go Hoosiers.

That says a lot about her as a person and her family. Great player, better person. Best wishes to her and your entire family Coach.