Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

akhosrof

Tom Allen Hired as IU Head Football Coach

Before it was deleted, the replies to the tweet believed it could be:

The Kevinci Code
The wifi password to the Wilson house
The nuclear bomb codes

I was sad it was deleted just because I wanted to see what else people could come up with.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using BtownBanners mobile app

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/18236967/ole-miss-rebels-fire-co-offensive-coordinator-dan-werner

Dan Werner out at Ole Miss. Could this open the door for a reunion with Tom Allen at Indiana?

Looking at Ole Miss's SB Nation page, fans seem split on Werner. The main gripe is he isn't active in recruiting, which makes it tough to justify a coaching spot to a guy who doesn't recruit (much less one with the salary that Werner made). Other fans mention the staff is being cleared out to make room for Charlie Strong's salary.

On the flip side, Ole Miss has had excellent QB play and top ranked offenses. Although, it is unclear who actually calls the plays over there. Freeze has an offensive background, and Ole Miss has had co-offensive coordinators.

Just pure speculation on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

26 minutes ago, ccgeneral said:

@BruceFeldmanCFB: WR coach Grant Heard is leaving the #OleMiss staff. He's expected to join #Indiana staff, source tells @FOXSports.

From his bio:

.... Heard ....also served as ... quarterbacks coach and passing-game coordinator at Arkansas State, offensive coordinator at Lambuth and graduate assistant at Ole Miss.

Wow interesting move! Coached with CTA at both Ole Miss and Arkansas State, I believe. Heard is an Ole Miss alum and has a very impressive track record of recruiting and developing WRs at Ole Miss. Widely regarded as one of the best WR coaches in the nation. He should fit right in with the talent we have at WR here. Looking at the Ole Miss boards it appears Heard's style of coaching WRs is different than what their new OC wants from his WRs, which may be a reason Heard left.

Impressive CTA got Heard to leave his alma mater. We really need a top recruiter on offense. Hopefully Heard can be that guy. I'm excited to see what his role with us will be.

7 minutes ago, lucel15 said:

Huge recruiter. Developed huge talent at WR. I would've liked to see Watson be QB coach but maybe he will have another roll. And as a former WR I use to hear a ton about him. All great things

Looks like Donte Moncrief will be down from Indy on a few Saturdays and on the IU sideline!

Looks like Johns will move back to coach QBs. I wonder if Johns and Heard will be co-OCs? I would guess Heard has to get a title promotion of co-OC or passing game coordinator.

I guess that means Watson is out. Wonder if he stays on as a quality control?

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0601451194535122641-4

dfda0c7ef19f7671b5d4f01fb862fd59.jpg

Looks like Johns will move back to coach QBs. I wonder if Johns and Heard will be co-OCs? I would guess Heard has to get a title promotion of co-OC or passing game coordinator.

I guess that means Watson is out. Wonder if he stays on as a quality control?

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0601451194535122641-4

dfda0c7ef19f7671b5d4f01fb862fd59.jpg&key=2da65139000c406c8fa0f7b519bf4ec395523e3657db17ba4db016e39a31161a

Sad thing is Watson has hit the recruiting trail so hard. Gone after QBs already

Sad thing is Watson has hit the recruiting trail so hard. Gone after QBs already

I agree. Watson has an impressive list of QBs he's developed. He's an asset recruiting QBs for us. Maybe we can keep all three Watson, Johns and Heard, and have one less defensive coach since CTA can coach LBs. Or maybe Johns is leaving and that's why CTA went after Heard? Watson and Heard would then be co-OCs?

I agree. Watson has an impressive list of QBs he's developed. He's an asset recruiting QBs for us. Maybe we can keep all three Watson, Johns and Heard, and have one less defensive coach since CTA can coach LBs. Or maybe Johns is leaving and that's why CTA went after Heard? Watson and Heard would then be co-OCs?

We don't want Watson calling plays. Just tend to QBs please.

We don't want Watson calling plays. Just tend to QBs please.

Will be interesting to see what happens. Watson isn't a good play caller, as you said. Heard and Johns don't have play calling experience. Maybe CTA is confident that Heard is ready to call plays?

On 1/7/2017 at 7:53 PM, 8bucks said:

Sounds like the new offensive coaches came because they really like Tom Allen. Watson had similar comments about the friendship that he has developed in 1 year with him.

That's because he is a quality person and coach