Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Dalton26

IU OVER unc POST GAME THREAD

20 minutes ago, bleedhoosier said:

And that running away from the basket jumper from Bryant was absolutely sick

Sent from my SCH-I545 using BtownBanners mobile app

He needs to do that more often.  Really, really, REALLY hope OG is ok moving forward.  We've seen what a difference he makes a la the IPFW game when he was sick.

Great win! Still plenty of room to grow. 

The offense struggles way too often. 

We are slow on switching back off pick and rolls and gave up easy inside buckets. Side note, I thought JBJ did pretty well defensively tonight.

FT shooting looks like a weakness so far. 

Deron is going to be great to give TB a break/complement him. Love these freshmen.

... And we just beat UNC. Fans were great, hope OG's ankle is good to go by B1G season.

Not that it ever bent me out of shape but I am sure many are glad to see us beat the number 3 team and not storm the court. Winning the BT and beating ranked teams is helping with that.

great to see some good D (most of the game) and I really thought they would kill us on the boards.  Did not get hurt by seoond chance shots.  Not sure if it was our D or if Berry just had a bad game.  Would not count on him being so quiet on a neutral court.

Please, please please let OG be OK.

13 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:

So far IU has been involved in every loss by the #3 team in the country.

11 minutes ago, Josh said:

Fort Wayne must be the best team in the nation because we can't be worse than 2nd.  :92:

These two posts are the best part about this season. A lot of past seasons, it would be a little soon to start making jokes about a stupid loss, but this year we know we can get back up and keep fighting and grow better and better.  We've gained some stamina and fight as fans. 

Jealous of IU students right now, between football and basketball and unlimited time to watch both when you aren't at the games, you are living the dream!

9 minutes ago, IUsince1980 said:

Read OG was carried back to locker room. Please dont tell me this is Rojo all over again!

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Not carried, more like helped.  He returned to the bench quickly with ice on his left ankle.  I'm not too worried here.

Just now, KelleyHoosh said:

Great win! Still plenty of room to grow. 

The offense struggles way too often. 

We are slow on switching back off pick and rolls and gave up easy inside buckets. Side note, I thought JBJ did pretty well defensively tonight.

FT shooting looks like a weakness so far. 

Deron is going to be great to give TB a break/complement him. Love these freshmen.

... And we just beat UNC. Fans were great, hope OG's ankle is good to go by B1G season.

It is funny, other than a few stretches against KU and tonight I don't think IU has looked great, certainly not near potential. Lots of room to grow. Here's to a team that improves steadily all season and peaks, oh I don't know, say early April? :)

12 minutes ago, hsrtxp said:

Thoughts on Bryant's defense? Seemed he let them get deep in the lane on any number of occasions. Sometimes he just doesn't seem to play as big as he is.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

He's a bad defender. Got pushed around by Meeks all game. 

2 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

It is funny, other than a few stretches against KU and tonight I don't think IU has looked great, certainly not near potential. Lots of room to grow. Here's to a team that improves steadily all season and peaks, oh I don't know, say early April? :)

Agree with this.  On defense, we've given up too many straight line drives, especially to KU and IPFW.  On offense, we've gone stagnant for stretches and haven't really played through the post.  As SVP just stated, IU hasn't the highest ceiling of all the B1G teams.  If our guard play improves and we start playing through the post we can be scary.  If we play with the intensity that we've shown for stretches on defense we can lock down.  If we combine those for long stretches we can be a Final Four caliber team.

1 minute ago, IUsince1980 said:

Did you actually see him go back to the locker room?

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

I did not, only saw him helped to the bench.  I guess I'm going by a friend who is two years removed from being an IU athletic trainer.  Did you see him being carried?

Exactly. The scary thing is there are so many things we still need to work on. HUGE wins against UNC and Kansas already? Just wait until this team is really clicking.