Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Aaron

Absolutely Disgusting

Almost everyone has IU headed to bowl in Santa Clara. Last I checked that is also IU's Big Ten opener at home. Does the NCAA not have a provision to not let these cross? This makes things incredibly tough on fans (granted bowl is at 8:30 and basketball at 7 so only a slight overlap) who want to attend both and even tougher on media and radio who can't do or be in and broadcast in 2 places at once. Can IU not fight tooth and nail for a different bowl for this reason? I wish the hypocritical NCAA would work with bowl games to ensure these games don't overlap for the fairness of all involved for ANY school. This is not pre-conference cupcakes for basketball anymore but conference games now that should not be over shadowed by exhibition bowls.  

Just now, CR3AMnCR1MS0N said:

It'll be time to hook up two tvs in the same room

Did it all throughout the MLB postseason to watch the Cubbies, and anything else we desired!  It was sweet.  The extra TV is still hooked up and the wife hasn't said anything about it yet......

Foster Farms is a Tier 2 bowl game. Given we are the eighth eligible bowl team in the B1G we aren't likely to get one of the group of six games. At the moment, we are looking at the Quick Lane Bowl in Detroit or Heart of Texas Bowl at the Cotton Bowl.

There is a chance we could get into a Tier 2 bowl, especially if the B1G gets two teams into the CFP and needs to fill the lower slots. If that is the case, I think we'd much more likely be placed in the Music City Bowl given Nashville's proximity to campus and alumni, as well as the strong possibility of being paired with rival Kentucky.

If I had to bet, odds are on Quick Lane, with an outside chance of Music City.

I think Northwestern would be an ideal school for Foster Farms given its academics are comparable to the top Pac 12 schools and NW has a national student/alumni base with a sizable proportion coming from the West Coast.

FWIW, I relieved my email from the AD yesterday for ticket requests. The four bowls listed were the four bowls I mentioned above.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

If the Big Ten sends 4 teams to the New Years 6 bowls, which could very well happen, then Iowa and Nebraska would be looking at the Holiday and the Outback. Us, Minnesota, Maryland, and Northwestern would then be looking at the Pinstripe(Which isn't a possibility for us), the Music City, the Foster Farms, the Heart of Dallas, and the Quick Lane. Which would probably mean we end up in the Foster Farms or the Music City. With Maryland going to the Quick Lane or Heart of Dallas and Northwestern heading to NYC for the Pinstripe. Everybody wish for 4 teams from the B1G in New Years 6 bowls.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

From a Marching Hundred member's perspective, we're all really hoping we get selected for Santa Clara. I know that at least some of the members on the team are hoping to go there too, as well as the student managers. We would all get a free trip to spend a few days in California while Indiana is freezing right after Christmastime. We'll be excited to go anywhere though, California just sounds like the best deal for us haha

From a Marching Hundred member's perspective, we're all really hoping we get selected for Santa Clara. I know that at least some of the members on the team are hoping to go there too, as well as the student managers. We would all get a free trip to spend a few days in California while Indiana is freezing right after Christmastime. We'll be excited to go anywhere though, California just sounds like the best deal for us haha

Fyi December weather in Sanra Clara is mostly 50's low 60's. Not all sunshine lol. Used to live out west. Lows in 40s at night.

Fyi December weather in Sanra Clara is mostly 50's low 60's. Not all sunshine lol. Used to live out west. Lows in 40s at night.

Well Nashville is in the 30's and Detroit is...Detroit. I'd be hoping for Cali too lol.

Well Nashville is in the 30's and Detroit is...Detroit. I'd be hoping for Cali too lol.

You realize that Nashville's averages are about the same historically speaking low 50's high 40's. I have family there. It's actually not bad in winter. Also if I was a player I would rather have the game in Nashville over Santa Clara. Yes the beaches and possibilities of super nice weather.... And girls. But on the radio today talking about hoosier football and basketball there is about 300,000 alumni that are in a 4-5 hr drive to Nashville. That's where I would want to be. Flights to Santa Clara are $600-$700... I'm trying to find info on west coast alumni but I wouldn't think it's close to the 300,000. If it is then I would hope alum would show up since it will be Utah most likely. Eff detroit lol I don't think any of us want to go there in the first place and I think Maryland has that spot locked up. So I think it will come down to fosters or music city. Also good luck finishing your degree up. And here's and early congrats. Terre haute isn't actually a bad place im out there all the time for work, have several clients out there.

You realize that Nashville's averages are about the same historically speaking low 50's high 40's. I have family there. It's actually not bad in winter. Also if I was a player I would rather have the game in Nashville over Santa Clara. Yes the beaches and possibilities of super nice weather.... And girls. But on the radio today talking about hoosier football and basketball there is about 300,000 alumni that are in a 4-5 hr drive to Nashville. That's where I would want to be. Flights to Santa Clara are $600-$700... I'm trying to find info on west coast alumni but I wouldn't think it's close to the 300,000. If it is then I would hope alum would show up since it will be Utah most likely. Eff detroit lol I don't think any of us want to go there in the first place and I think Maryland has that spot locked up. So I think it will come down to fosters or music city. Also good luck finishing your degree up. And here's and early congrats. Terre haute isn't actually a bad place im out there all the time for work, have several clients out there.

I've been to the last two MCB's and froze my arse off lol. Granted last year was in the evening but it's been about the same temperature as up here the last two years. Still hoping like crazy we're there. Got my tickets last week and the crowd we would bring would be awesome. Nashville is a hell of a city.

(Thanks for the congrats by the way. The Haute isn't as bad as people say it is lol)

I've been to the last two MCB's and froze my arse off lol. Granted last year was in the evening but it's been about the same temperature as up here the last two years. Still hoping like crazy we're there. Got my tickets last week and the crowd we would bring would be awesome. Nashville is a hell of a city.

(Thanks for the congrats by the way. The Haute isn't as bad as people say it is lol)

Nashville would turn into a huge Kirkwood. Imagine playing Rocky top and Beating them. Couches in the streets of Nashville haha

Nashville would turn into a huge Kirkwood. Imagine playing Rocky top and Beating them. Couches in the streets of Nashville haha

Yeah IU fans on top of the NYE crowd down there would get pretty rowdy. Trying not to get my hopes up too high.

I hear my old fraternity on campus got kicked out last year. Grab a cold one at the Bally and the copper bar for me

Lol I've been in Bloomington the last few years so all I heard about were the frats getting kicked off that campus.

Will do!