Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ebridges24

Emmitt Holt

I don't really feel at liberty to say, other posters might, but basically it's different from the story in the media and it would likely change your opinion of the situation. 

Yeah let's just say the story in the media wasn't even remotely close to what really happened and I doubt Holt would ever admit what really happened publicly. All I can say is I have the utmost respect for that kid and I wish someone would've come out and told the truth for his sake.

4 hours ago, HoosierSadaseci said:

For what, for giving a kid a second chance who paid their dues?

Eh, I mean read what the fans viewpoints are of Crean. There are some that look for literally anything they can as ammo against the guy. I think the negative backlash he'd get for accepting Holt back would be worse than any good media if Holt came back and kept completely clean/was a model student athlete. 

Yeah let's just say the story in the media wasn't even remotely close to what really happened and I doubt Holt would ever admit what really happened publicly. All I can say is I have the utmost respect for that kid and I wish someone would've come out and told the truth for his sake.

Yeah I always liked Holt. Even after the accident. I would just like to know what really happened if anyone on here has the time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Yeah I always liked Holt. Even after the accident. I would just like to know what really happened if anyone on here has the time.

I would like to know as well. I am on BTB multiple times a day and have been for the last few years and didn't realize there's a different story than what was in the media.

I really liked what we saw from Emmitt and then everything fell apart for Emmitt and for our team.  This is a great article on Emmitt re-printed by the Star.  Well worth your time to read and appreciate what all this young man has endured.

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/college/indiana/2020/04/16/emmitt-holt-former-iu-basketball-player-survived-brush-death/5143627002/

If memory serves, when the Holt/Davis thing happened, it was just the latest in a long list of transgressions of IU athletes -- and obviously, that was a very serious one. Many sports had kids getting into trouble, but I think football and men's hoops had the lion's share. At that point, McRobbie actually stepped in and either sent a memo to all coaches or called them all together and told them to get their players to behave themselves ... Without the McRobbie edict, I wonder if Holt would've been kicked off for his second miscue? 

29 minutes ago, monskisprodigy said:

Crazy story...I hated so much how his story ended here, as you could just see the potential that he had.

On another note, Hanner was the gift that kept on giving...did he end up playing pro ball somewhere?

He played in the Basketball Champions League Americas, averaging a little over 2 points and a little under 2 rebounds per game.   

I don't know what that is, but that's where his choices landed him.

3 minutes ago, ray said:

He played in the Basketball Champions League Americas, averaging a little over 2 points and a little under 2 rebounds per game.   

I don't know what that is, but that's where his choices landed him.

It's a league in South America.

18 hours ago, monskisprodigy said:

Crazy story...I hated so much how his story ended here, as you could just see the potential that he had.

On another note, Hanner was the gift that kept on giving...did he end up playing pro ball somewhere?

Perea was beyond a flop for the program.  Not just a player that never really contributed jack-squat, but the cause of multiple issues. 

He and Peter J. really soured me on the idea of recruiting "project" players, or even raw, foreign born ones.

12 minutes ago, pumpfake said:

Perea was beyond a flop for the program.  Not just a player that never really contributed jack-squat, but the cause of multiple issues. 

He and Peter J. really soured me on the idea of recruiting "project" players, or even raw, foreign born ones.

Went down a YouTube rabbit hole yesterday, and actually was able to pull up some Jurkin highlights from his time at ETSU. Had some solid games his senior year against Kentucky, Xavier, ended up avg. 7 pts per game. More than I ever thought that he would. 

On 4/17/2020 at 8:10 AM, pumpfake said:

I've never been more excited about a player based on high school highlights and then been so disappointed. Not only contributed hardly anything but seemed like a poison pill as you mentioned. That class in general was so hyped...and none came even close to it outside of Yogi who exceeded it and much more. 

5 hours ago, TXHoosierDaddy said:

I've never been more excited about a player based on high school highlights and then been so disappointed. Not only contributed hardly anything but seemed like a poison pill as you mentioned. That class in general was so hyped...and none came even close to it outside of Yogi who exceeded it and much more. 

After watching him play a couple of AAU games he was among the most impressive physical players I have ever seen.  His ten cent head neutralized his physical ability. 

On 11/27/2016 at 9:44 PM, HooHooHoo22 said:

Yes I remember when it happened and some posters found out the real story and some pm's were going around but I never got one unfortunately

Those were rumors that served some agendas.  What you read is what happened.