Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

KB0

Indiana vs Purdue - Saturday 11/26 @ Noon on ESPNU

If both us and UK were at seven wins there wouldn't be any doubt we'd play each other in the MCB. However, any SEC school will draw great in Nashville, and there are much more qualified B1G schools to play a top SEC school in the MCB.

Last year was an anomaly because the B1G didn't have nine bowl eligible schools, so five win Nebraska got into the Foster Farms Bowl and we got a Tier 2 Bowl. This year the B1G is strong and we are likely the eighth school above Maryland at nine. Unfortunately that regulates us to a Tier 3 bowl game: Heart of Dallas versus C-USA, or Quick Lane versus ACC/MAC.

I'm confident we get the Quick Lane Bowl. Maryland isn't going to draw well in either Dallas or Detroit. IU would draw the best crowd in Detroit out of the eligible B1G/ACC options. I know it's disappointing to play a MAC school, but IU/MAC is the best combination for attendance. From this Hoosier's perspective, we haven't won a bowl game since 1991, I'll take the win and above .500 record however we can, and shoot for a better bowl next season.

Looking at the ACC standings, NC State and Wake Forest look to be our matches for Quick Lane. Would a rematch with Wake Forest be scheduled? NC State isn't likely to draw well in Detroit, so I could definitely see a MAC school instead. But NC State is an option should the ACC need to fill this game.

I don't think we even get Foster Farms. Northwestern is above us in the standings and even if they lose to Illinois will have the H2H tie breaker against us. They won't be regulated to a Tier 3 Bowl so we can be elevated, especially if they get to five conference wins. Not to mention NW is an elite, national academic school that draws a decent sized portion of its student base from the West Coast. Makes for an intriguing matchup with a PAC 12 school.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app