Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2017) SG Curtis Haywood II to Georgia Tech

Like his mechanics on his shot, he reminds me of Doron Lamb. I don't think he'd make a impact until sophomore or junior year, but with the guards we have we may not need much outta him besides his shooting. TB is moving up on boards, so another big perferrably a grad big since there isn't impact guys out there we can get. The one year gives us a body and can still fill the scholly. Him along w Moore, DD, & Juwan would be fine with me. Our 4th spot though needs to be a wing. Tucker or Wilson reclasses would be my only options IMO.

Love his stroke. Don't like it, love it. Great balance, no body lean, great wrist snap, no wasted motion. Would be shocked if he's not a very, very consistent shooter.

From MadeHoops:

One of the biggest breakout players at the National Prep Showcase this year was Brewster Academy’s Curtis Haywood II. The senior wing had two stellar performances and made more of a national name for himself.  Plenty of exposure comes with playing at Brewster with the amount of talent they have every year. Haywood has liked playing with other high level talent at Brewster.

“We like playing with each other so we have built some good team chemistry,” said Haywood.

He has a good mix of high major and mid major schools recruiting him.

“I talk with Georgia Tech, Tulsa, Arkansas and Illinois as well as Indiana a little bit,” he said. “Tulsa, Georgia Tech and Illinois State have offered me so far. Indiana and Colorado are new schools that have jumped into the picture.”

Josh Pastner and his coaching staff have made him a priority.

“Georgia Tech would be the school that is recruiting me the hardest so far,” he told MADE Hoops.

His recruitment won’t be coming to a close anytime soon.

“For my recruiting timeline, I don’t have visits planned just yet and I am probably going to commit to a school in the middle of the season,” Haywood said.

Also under the radar a bit more because because after having a good AAU season post-sophomore year (see article below) he did not play AAU ball last summer.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name to Know: 6'5" Unsigned Sr Curtis Haywood of Mustang High School (OK)

01/03/2016, 8:15am EST
By Jamie Shaw

Name to Know
6’5” Unsigned Senior Curtis Haywood of Mustang (OK)
By Jamie Shaw

Curtis Haywood entered the Beach Ball Classic as a little known player, however he left as a kid that is sure to get mid and high major schools calling.

It doesn’t make sense why Mustang High School (OK) wing Curtis Haywood came in with little college fanfare. He played this summer on Nike’s EYBL circuit with an Athlete’s First team that finished the summer 12-5. On that team, Haywood finished third in points (12.7) and third in rebounds (5.8). He also shot 33% from beyond the arc and averaged 2.1 assists per game.

However, throughout the process Haywood only really Western Kentucky has offered. His recruitment there has been fluid to say the least. Western Kentucky offered Haywood during the EYBL and then dropped his offer after Haywood did not sign early. However, Western Kentucky has since picked back up their recruitment and re-offered Haywood.

Haywood and his Mustang High School coach state that Texas is still evaluating him with a chance to offer coming soon. It is our opinion that after Haywood’s performance at the Beach Ball Classic, he is very close to having a lot more options than what is currently on the table.

Haywood passes the look test, walking on to the court. He stands a legit 6’5” with a 6’11” wing span. When he plays you quickly notice his court IQ. He reads passing lanes very well on defense and he passes the ball extremely well from the wing. Haywood has a smooth quick stroke with deep range and gets out and runs well in transition.

It would not surprise us to see Power 5 schools get in the mix here, he is one of the better seniors left on the board

22 minutes ago, Uspshoosier said:

The article says that CTC is telling Haywood that "he needs a shooter" for '17. Also says that Haywood is not deciding soon. With JBj, Collin, and OG gone, and our 6'10" recruit as the only '+' outside shooter in our current recruiting class, that makes a lot of sense to me. This young man is only one inch shorter than Tucker and Haywood has a 6'11" wing span, so him and Tucker seem to be relatively similar players on the defensive end of the court.

To me, that also likely means that Jordan Tucker is plan A+ for "a shooter", and that with Tucker stating he's deciding between us and Nova in January or February, we will have other options if JTucker chooses Nova. The timing with Haywood is very good.

The article says that CTC is telling Haywood that "he needs a shooter" for '17. Also says that Haywood is not deciding soon. With JBj, Collin, and OG gone, and our 6'10" recruit as the only '+' outside shooter in our current recruiting class, that makes a lot of sense to me. This young man is only one inch shorter than Tucker and Haywood has a 6'11" wing span, so him and Tucker seem to be relatively similar players on the defensive end of the court.

To me, that also likely means that Jordan Tucker is plan A+ for "a shooter", and that with Tucker stating he's deciding between us and Nova in January or February, we will have other options if JTucker chooses Nova. The timing with Haywood is very good.

I think Tucker is coming here, but if Nova blows him away and convinces him that Bridges & Samuels won't affect his impact as a freshmen on his visit things could change. If that happens, Haywood has been gaining a lot of steam in recruiting circles and his shooting would be needed, but we need a shooter that can create that shot as well. Spot up shooters haven't faired too well in our system. If he is able to do that, then I don't mind him as a backup plan.

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Tucker is coming here, but if Nova blows him away and convinces him that Bridges & Samuels won't affect his impact as a freshmen on his visit things could change. If that happens, Haywood has been gaining a lot of steam in recruiting circles and his shooting would be needed, but we need a shooter that can create that shot as well. Spot up shooters haven't faired too well in our system. If he is able to do that, then I don't mind him as a backup plan.

6 minutes ago, Yogi's Picnic Basket said:

Z3 and Matt Roth had solid careers as spot up shooters.  I'm not sure we need another shooter as much as a big.  RoJo, CuJo, Gelon, JMo, and others will do enough to spread teams out.  I don't think we need to rely on a frosh shooter to be the answer as much as developing those other players on the roster.  Tucker would be a welcome addition.

I thought Gelon was our shooter de jour.

All kidding aside. Pretty good plan with Tucker/Haywood.

It seems we are taking 4 instead of 5. I thought it was going to be a class of 5 at first, looking much more like a class of 4 now, which I like better. Now it's just a matter of which 4?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

I thought Gelon was our shooter de jour.

All kidding aside. Pretty good plan with Tucker/Haywood.

It seems we are taking 4 instead of 5. I thought it was going to be a class of 5 at first, looking much more like a class of 4 now, which I like better. Now it's just a matter of which 4?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

4 plus a 5th as a grad transfer if required?