Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Beachfront Property

Most Important 2017 Recruits

Much of the concern about recruiting for next year is based on the belief OG, JBJ and TB are gone to the draft. I hope we have such a great season that they are all first round draft picks. However, play along with me here and rank them based on likelihood they are on the roster next season.

Most likely to return:

1. OG - Publicly he does not seem concerned about making the jump to the NBA - demonstrated by the fact that he did not declare to workout with teams last year. Also, I believe he is still the biggest project of the three and may believe he can improve his stock while playing his junior year. Also, he is really young for his class. He is young for his class. Josh Jackson is actually a couple months older than OG.

2. TB - If he is projected as a second round pick, I think there is a possibility TB returns - although the possibility is probably lower than 50%. Once again, TB is really young for his class.

3. JBJ - I think JBJ is probably playing his last year of college basketball. Not a knock on him - he is just trying to fulfill his dream of playing professionally. Based on the fact he put his name in the draft last year I think he is an extreme longshot to return.

How would you rank these guys based on likelihood to return at this point in the season?

I think they're all three gone. There's an off chance that one returns but I don't see it.

JBJ is gone and I don't see him returning. He's battled injuries and this might be his last chance to show scouts that he's healthy and able to play at a high level.

OG is being projected on his potential and not on what he's done. I think, even if he has an average year, he could go high in the draft. He fits this team so well as a third "star" because of his willingness to do the little things based on what the team needs.

TB is being projected on what he can do and what he has done (more so than OG). He can still improve at IU but he's already shown an ability to a main contribute to a good team.

Could TB return as a junior to reach goals that they don't accomplish this season? I highly doubt any of them return. TB would be the most important for next years team. I guess we can dream.

I believe they all will go pro.  I could see OG not getting an agent like Troy did and test the waters.  I am sure scouts are still up in the air with his projected talent.  JBJ has a ton of work to do on the defensive end if he wants to impress upon any scout that he is a first rounder.  I think TB would fit in with about any team in the NBA, he plays with heart and can shoot from anywhere on the floor.

In one sense, I could see TB doing a Tim Duncan and staying another year.  He seems to genuinely enjoy college basketball and with his former prep school teammate (CuJo) on the squad maybe, just maybe, but then again, I still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

2 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

In one sense, I could see TB doing a Tim Duncan and staying another year.  He seems to genuinely enjoy college basketball and with his former prep school teammate (CuJo) on the squad maybe, just maybe, but then again, I still believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny.

You have a better chance of running into Santa or the Easter Bunny on campus next year than TB. No way he risks staying.

I think they're all three gone. There's an off chance that one returns but I don't see it.

JBJ is gone and I don't see him returning. He's battled injuries and this might be his last chance to show scouts that he's healthy and able to play at a high level.

OG is being projected on his potential and not on what he's done. I think, even if he has an average year, he could go high in the draft. He fits this team so well as a third "star" because of his willingness to do the little things based on what the team needs.

TB is being projected on what he can do and what he has done (more so than OG). He can still improve at IU but he's already shown an ability to a main contribute to a good team.

Could TB return as a junior to reach goals that they don't accomplish this season? I highly doubt any of them return. TB would be the most important for next years team. I guess we can dream.

Thiscis the year. Final four or bust

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

12 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

You have a better chance of running into Santa or the Easter Bunny on campus next year than TB. No way he risks staying.

Incredibly long odds; no question about it.  But I can hang on to that hope as long as many fellow posters held on to Wilkes announcing for IU.

OG is 9th on the updated Draftexpress mock & TB is 22nd. Their both gone. Honestly they both gave more potential, so those numbers could be higher. I've said OG's ceiling is 4-7 this year & TB's 12-15. JBJ isn't on it, but I promise you he will be drafted. His offensive game is perfect for the NBA. His defense will only hurt him on draft night, but after it won't at all. The NBA is so easy yo hide horrible defenders. I watch religiously lol and Curry has led the league in steals yet is mediocre at best. Lillard is my favorite player besides Victor and he's horrible as well. There are a lot of bad defenders in the league a lot of them stars too. In the NBA its more team defense than individual. That's why guys like Kawhi get so much credit, because individual defenders like him are rare. JBJ is the only one who may come back, but it'd only happen if another injury occurs. He knows he will be on a team. 

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Wha?!?
No.

My reasoning: hope. 

Im just thinking

JBJ won't be 1st Rd 

TB not throwing up the deadliest stats gonna get placed mid 1st Rd and decides 1 more year for lottery 

OG coming back to become an elite level scorer 

I don't even believe myself

My reasoning: hope. 

Im just thinking

JBJ won't be 1st Rd 

TB not throwing up the deadliest stats gonna get placed mid 1st Rd and decides 1 more year for lottery 

OG coming back to become an elite level scorer 

I don't even believe myself

As long as we can agree on that last bit

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app