Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

#11 Indiana v. #3 Kansas - Postgame Thread

1 minute ago, hoosierpap said:

Still doesn't solve my PG issue. Are you guys confident w Newkirk? Maybe just one game? Rojo didn't seem to have the role...what do you think?

I wasn't too impressed. He handled the ball well n did ok setting up some big plays but I expected a lil more from him after all the talk I've heard about him since last season. He does D up well he just needs to get more comfortable with the offense n that will come with more game time I hope. Still can't believe he missed that wide open layup out of the out of bounds play.

3 minutes ago, hoosierpap said:

Still doesn't solve my PG issue. Are you guys confident w Newkirk? Maybe just one game? Rojo didn't seem to have the role...what do you think?

Rojo had a terrible game. That's how he started out last year. Fairly confident he'll fix it.

I like Josh defensively (as long as it's not against Frank Freakin' Mason).

We have been a very good offensive team without a true point (JH, Verdell, and Vic started in 11-12.)

Not optimum, but it'll work.

What about Deron hitting a couple big free throws? Confidence builder.

Two freshmen (CuJo, DD) stepped up at the end of the game and each knocked down two free throws towards the end of overtime. RoJo struggled with his down the stretch of regulation. These freshmen have no fear.

When I followed DDavis in recruiting he shot his free throws very well. 11-13 and such was not atypical. I was surprised at his Free Throws in exhibition because of this. He has good touch and will be a good foul shooter. Wasn't a fluke.

Side note. I really like Cujos bounce when he dribbles. Very shifty.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

From the Kansas Board:

radovic

129 MONTHS
Premium Member
1st Round Draft Pick
Re: Armed Forces Classic - Kansas Jayhawks vs. Indiana Hoosiers
(1 vote)

Crean  must have gone to a Steve Kerr clinic. They look like GS
Rating: 2.7/5 this site
17989 posts this site

3 minutes ago, Dalton26 said:
2 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Two freshmen (CuJo, DD) stepped up at the end of the game and each knocked down two free throws towards the end of overtime. RoJo struggled with his down the stretch of regulation. These freshmen have no fear.

Agree. Rojo just about cost us the game but the guys pulled it out.

We out rebounded them 56-41. Ok, I'm excited about this years team! Our bench play was solid fellas. CuJo's spark was nice lift offensively. JMor is just SOLID. Devonte doesn't look like he done much in box score but love his defense. De'Ron will get there, I'm going to love this kid!

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

I may stay up and watch that again. Great win. Just found a way. I like that. That game, exciting as it was, should not have gone to overtime. Freebies nearly cost us. The officiating was very poor imo. We had an answer for every run they made. Stayed close all game. And won the hard points. Very good rebounding.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

1 minute ago, yogisballin said:

We out rebounded them 56-41. Ok, I'm excited about this years team! Our bench play was solid fellas. CuJo's spark was nice lift offensively. JMor is just SOLID. Devonte doesn't look like he done much in box score but love his defense. De'Ron will get there, I'm going to love this kid!

Love Morgan. As you said SOLID!

This win is big on so many levels.

Media respect
Recruiting
Seeding come March
Confidence

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I liked how Bilas, on numerous occasions. Mentions IU's "player development " program. Sounded like he was trying to sell us there for a bit. Or maybe he really believes it?

2 minutes ago, yogisballin said:

Thanks for the reminder!

Juwan Morgan was absolutely excellent.

So smart on the court. So smart.