Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

#11 Indiana v. #3 Kansas - Postgame Thread

IMO, we fall anywhere between 5-8. Or at least I think we should fall somewhere below 8. You never know though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Agree on not knowing. I could see us leaping KU (obvious), X (barely beat Lehigh), and MSU (lost). We should jump Arizona (similar rank we had better win). That would put us at 7/8. The Armed Forces Classic was a big event and had lots of coverage. Reading the articles about the win I could see us jumping into the top 5.

1) Duke
2/3) Vill/puke
4) Oregon
5) IU
6) UNC
7) KU
8) UVA
9) X
10) Zona

It was a great day to be a Hoosier down here in Southern Indiana today----even the UK and UL fans admitted we may be a force to be reckoned with this year.  Great to earn some respect on the court.  The nation was watching and we just passed the first test with flying colors! We should be top 7 this week----let's keep climbing!

Honestly I wasn't that impressed with KU. Outside of Mason and Graham. IMO, not much there after but a bunch of role players. Jackson looks to be overhyped (could be wrong.) Lucas though a fundamentally sound post player, not a go to guy. Bragg (former top 25 recruit) not much to see. Vick is ok? Azubuike is huge man, freaking huge! mykhailiuk can shoot. But in the big 12 they will remain top 10-15 all year

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Fantastic game and love the team but definitely room to grow too. Personally, I'm satisfied with Newkirk as the PG. He needs to finish better but this was his first game in over year. His explosiveness and quickness make me believe we should be patient. OG's defensive performance should be acknowledged. He had a lot to do with the nation's top recruit only scoring 9 points and he had 3 blocks. Really pleased with everyone on the whole. Amazing showing from the freshmen. Bryant and Blackmon carried the team in the first and second halves, respectively.

Also, I think Morgan should start. He perfectly fills that Hartman role, but is more athletic and a better defender. He shot well from 3 last year in limited attempts as well. He had the highest +/- on the team last night and no one on the team replicates his versatility. Johnson showed last year that he can play well off the bench.

As for Newkirk, I'm ok with him so far.  It's hard to compare any current point guard to the All American we had for the last four years.  He's not going to score like Yogi, he's a very different player.  Personally, I really like his defense, so I like him starting for us.

Also, after the exhibitions, I said that Cujo was playing bad defense.  The Kansas game changed things for my opinion.  He played great.

Agree on not knowing. I could see us leaping KU (obvious), X (barely beat Lehigh), and MSU (lost). We should jump Arizona (similar rank we had better win). That would put us at 7/8. The Armed Forces Classic was a big event and had lots of coverage. Reading the articles about the win I could see us jumping into the top 5.

1) Duke
2/3) Vill/puke
4) Oregon
5) IU
6) UNC
7) KU
8) UVA
9) X
10) Zona

I think we will come in at #6

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we will come in at #6

Sent from my SPH-L720T using BtownBanners mobile app

Same. I think we'll be behind UNC and ahead of Kansas. Could see the UNC game being #5v#6 or something else where we're ranked next to each other. The winner would probably catapult up to top 3. AH will be absolutely rocking!

Same. I think we'll be behind UNC and ahead of Kansas. Could see the UNC game being #5v#6 or something else where we're ranked next to each other. The winner would probably catapult up to top 3. AH will be absolutely rocking!

Don't forget about the State Farm Champions Classic with Duke, Kansas, Michigan St, and Kentucky. Could shake up the top rankings as well.