Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ThompsonHoosier

Indiana vs Rutgers Saturday 11/5 12PM ET on BTN

8 minutes ago, TheWatShot said:

Didn't see the second half. Can someone tell me why we went for 2 after going up 26-24? 

We didn't. Snap was bad on the PAT

Edit#1- snap wasn't bad, Gedeon didn't handle it.

Edit#2- I see ESPN has it as a failed 2 pt conversion in their game summary. They are idiots.

2 hours ago, akhosrof said:

PSU is killing Iowa. PSU is a legit top 25 team. They will be tough but I feel if they were to be upset we are a good matchup against them, provided we play our best game.

I realize the coaching regimes have changed quite a bit there the last few years, but Penn State has historically played below their standards when they come to Bloomington. Kind of similar to how we play at PSU in basketball. 

I realize the coaching regimes have changed quite a bit there the last few years, but Penn State has historically played below their standards when they come to Bloomington. Kind of similar to how we play at PSU in basketball. 

That's why I think it will be closer than people think.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I'm not sure I see anyone beating Michigan.

I want to see UM knock OSU out of the CFP discussion.

Would love to see us catch PSU sleeping. We can't bring what we brought yesterday and expect to even be close. Keep the defense playing strong and get rid of the mistakes on offense and we may have a chance. Going into pur game already being bowl eligible would be fantastic.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Legitimate question - when was the last time this team was blown out form the start of the game and didn't contend in the game at all? I can't really think of one this year/last year.

So that seem's to indicate that IU Football tends to play to the level of their competition. Either up or down. As we saw in the Nebraska/OSU games, this team absolutely can beat Penn State. As we saw against Wake, Rutgers, NW,  this team can absolutely lay an egg. If I was a betting man, I would bet that the PSU game will be a close one. Win the takeaway battle and I like IU's chances.

As frustrating as this season has been at times (see Saturday), the team is 5-4 and one win away from back-to-back bowls. A year removed from losing Sudfeld, Howard, etc. I think that says a lot about what Wilson has done with this program. He's raised the floor. He can do more. It may take a few more years, but I think he can get this program to 7-8 wins consistently.

Side note: when was the last time the team as above .500 through 9 games?

2 minutes ago, KB0 said:

Legitimate question - when was the last time this team was blown out form the start of the game and didn't contend in the game at all? I can't really think of one this year/last year.

So that seem's to indicate that IU Football tends to play to the level of their competition. Either up or down. As we saw in the Nebraska/OSU games, this team absolutely can beat Penn State. As we saw against Wake, Rutgers, NW,  this team can absolutely lay an egg. If I was a betting man, I would bet that the PSU game will be a close one. Win the takeaway battle and I like IU's chances.

As frustrating as this season has been at times (see Saturday), the team is 5-4 and one win away from back-to-back bowls. A year removed from losing Sudfeld, Howard, etc. I think that says a lot about what Wilson has done with this program. He's raised the floor. He can do more. it may take a few more years, but I think he can get this program to 7-8 wins consistently.

Side note: when was the last time the team as above .500 through 9 games?

Good points here. I was hoping for a little more improvement but thats hard to do without a QB. And we havent gone on the typical 4 game losing streak so thats something.

Penn State last year even though the circumstances were sub-optimal. (And that's an understatement)

7 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

Penn State last year even though the circumstances were sub-optimal. (And that's an understatement)

Fair, but that was still 7-7 after one and like 19-7 at half right? Like you said though, game had some injury issues.

Let's open up that PSU game thread! Lots to talk about this week! I feel good about our chances against PSU if it wasn't for our kicking game. Can't have FGs less than 40 yards being a nail biter. Do we make a change this week?

Fair, but that was still 7-7 after one and like 19-7 at half right? Like you said though, game had some injury issues.

Yeah I don't think the score itself was too bad, but PSU was badddd last year and it was apparent early that we had no shot at winning that game.