Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS - 2016 B1G Tournament

On 11/7/2016 at 7:01 AM, ccgeneral said:

Semis all set for Friday. Both games on BTN.

#1 Maryland vs #4 MSU @ Noon ET

#2 IU vs #3 Wisky @ 2:30 ET

GAMEDAY!  Hopefully we get another crack at the Terps. Go Hoosiers!

Preview

Live Stats

Here's my general impression. Still no Webb.

I don't think you will see Webb again. They are riding with Lomeli. I don't know if I would have made the move, because Webb is a great keeper, but Lomeli is just as good and is definitely better with PK's. With our offense, PK's are very likely to come into play at some point

1 minute ago, NoahW35 said:

I don't think you will see Webb again. They are riding with Lomeli. I don't know if I would have made the move, because Webb is a great keeper, but Lomeli is just as good and is definitely better with PK's. With our offense, PK's are very likely to come into play at some point

With the sub rules in college soccer, I'm sure they could bring in Lomeli with a few minutes left if PK's are likely. In the 2014 World Cup, Holland used their last sub(only 3 allowed) to bring in a keeper just for the shootout. There were several games this year that Webb kept IU in the game to at least get a result; he shouldn't be shunned solely based on a potential shootout.

With the sub rules in college soccer, I'm sure they could bring in Lomeli with a few minutes left if PK's are likely. In the 2014 World Cup, Holland used their last sub(only 3 allowed) to bring in a keeper just for the shootout. There were several games this year that Webb kept IU in the game to at least get a result; he shouldn't be shunned solely based on a potential shootout.

Right I'm not disagreeing, I have been a big fan of Webb. I would not have made the move especially since Lomeli was planning to redshirt and be the guy next year. However, Lomeli is really good and i would say as good or better than Webb