Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IUMS - 2016 B1G Tournament

I've had about enough. I'm not firing Yeagley at all but Fred Glass needs to call him into his office and ask him and figure out why he's having so much trouble getting bona fide forwards and what he can do to help him fix this. To stay as coach long term he will need to fix this or move on. This has been a problem for to many years since Zavaleta left and Todd is either unwilling or unable to recruit solid forwards. I give him 2 years to fix this and than in 2019 (when hopefully we'll be starting Armstrong renovations and become even more attractive to recruits) if we still have the same issues with getting strikers and scoring I'm starting over with someone else. We are an elite program and Glass needs to treat it that way. One trip past the Sweet 16 in 12 years (when we got hot and won championship) and one Big Ten championship in 10 years doesn't cut it.

We could literally win a national championship on the strength of our elite D or we could lose in the 1st round 1-0 because we can't score. We will get the last bye as the 16th seed like we do every year (RPI 17) than go to whoever the 1 seed is in sweet 16. I will bet anything that's what happens.

It's also not a good look for a coach when Hyacinth came up to take the PK and I was thinking he's gonna miss and I heard a couple people near me yell "S--t why is Hyacinth taking a PK". When fans know what you are doing is wrong its an issue. I know Hyacinth got the goal but his slowness again cost us 4-5 really good chances on the attack again. I admire him but he should not be playing at this level and Yeagley to his credit recognizes this and has reduced his role from full time starter to part time sub. Also I can't believe Lomeli couldn't save a thing with how well he always is on PK's. 

With all that said this game never should of been there in PK's which are totally random. Our inability to score let us down again and is the primary issue moving forward not what happened when we got to PK's.