Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

#11 IU vs #2 Kansas Game Thread

Frank Mason- RoJo
Devonte Graham- JBJ
Josh Jackson- OG
Carlton Bragg- Juwan
Lucas- TB

I like IU's chances here looking at it defensively.

I agree. We can't go 3 guards against Kansas. 

Agree, we can't go three guards so most likely well start three guards. I'm not sure we have enough front court depth to not play three guards at times.

15 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Agree, we can't go three guards so most likely well start three guards. I'm not sure we have enough front court depth to not play three guards at times.

If Hartman were healthy we could probably swing it. But with conditioning an issue for Davis no way we can swing it. 

Have to pick our 3 guard situations wisely. 

6 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

If Hartman were healthy we could probably swing it. But with conditioning an issue for Davis no way we can swing it. 

I think we might be able to get away with a guard on Svi. 

Agree, depending on how McSwain develops and Hartman returns from injury will determine how the lineup looks later in the season.

I'm not opposed to three guard lineups if we're holding our own on defense and the boards. If we're getting beat I hope Crean makes a change but I could see him sticking with it.

Juwan can handle JJ and keep OG out of foul trouble. JJ is a slasher. Put OG length on a shooter.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Not saying that OG isn't valuable bc I definitely think he is but I'm more concerned with TB staying out of foul trouble! DD will be good as a role player but not heavy minutes. OG isn't a "low-post" player. Looks really uncomfortable with back to basket. So that leaves JMO? CTC needs to have him spend time on the block in practice, not as point! We have plenty of those. TB gets in early foul trouble, we could get blown out! As bad as that hurts to admit

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Kansas? Shouldn't we be focused on Bellarmine? (DWS)

If we beat Kansas and UNC, imagine what a recruiting coup that would be for Crean, to have wins over UK, Kansas and UNC all in a calendar year (you could throw in Louisville for good measure). Just dreaming here; I seriously doubt we'd win all three, and those schools would probably just up the ante for whatever they give their recruits anyway.  

Not saying that OG isn't valuable bc I definitely think he is but I'm more concerned with TB staying out of foul trouble! DD will be good as a role player but not heavy minutes. OG isn't a "low-post" player. Looks really uncomfortable with back to basket. So that leaves JMO? CTC needs to have him spend time on the block in practice, not as point! We have plenty of those. TB gets in early foul trouble, we could get blown out! As bad as that hurts to admit

I agree with this. I think OG is the best player on the team but TB is the most valuable.

3 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

What's up with Bragg? Big time flop so far. Was 5 star. Hardly played last year. Not a ton of minutes in that game either.

I like our odds much better after seeing Jackson struggle a bit and Bragg not dominant.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Between him and Cliff Alexander, heck throw in Andrew Wiggins, I can't figure out why 5 star guys keep flocking to Kansas like they do.  I mean of course it's a good program and Bill Self is a good coach, but still.

None of those guys seemed to develop at all, and I'm probably missing one or two too.

Between him and Cliff Alexander, heck throw in Andrew Wiggins, I can't figure out why 5 star guys keep flocking to Kansas like they do.  I mean of course it's a good program and Bill Self is a good coach, but still.

None of those guys seemed to develop at all, and I'm probably missing one or two too.

Add Chieck to the list.

Not to mention, Self getting knocked off in the early rounds has kind of been a low-key storyline since he's been at Kansas. Yeah, he has a national championship, but he's also lost to 13 and 14 seeds in the opening round and lost to a 10 seed in the second round with 2 of the top 3 draft picks. 

Recent champion$hip duh!!

I would like to have wins over puke, KU, UNC, and Louisville in the same calendar year too. That's a lot of shady, at best, programs. However, I doubt that does a lot for recruiting. It will always PAY to go to puke, KU will always distance itself when a player has ties to an agent (after the fact), UNC will bring in another coach that doesn't give a hoot about the rules, and UL will continue to back slick rick until he stops winning.

Four guards and Landon Lucas right now for KU. Give up some boards but will be hard lineup to guard, at times.

@franfrischilla

In Kansas exhibition game they played a 4 guard lineup probably just experimenting kinds of like playing Morgan at point guard for us

I like the "typo" in the thread title haha

I think the game is a toss-up but I see Vegas favoring KU by 5 or 6. I feel like this isn't a game that a CTC-coached team usually wins but would love to proven wrong.

Would love if OG and TB took over and had dominant performances.