Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ALASKA HOOSIER

#11 IU vs #2 Kansas Game Thread

From what I have seen so far from Butler I think we can beat them I mean after all they longer have Dunham and Jones. Butler needs a point guard because Tyler Lewis is not the answer.

Interesting. I thought Lewis might flourish at Butler.

We should beat Butler and badly. Better at every single position.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

I think we beat unc (revenge,at home) butler(they're not good). Ul (close good game). But will lose to Kansas. (Ku is too talented in my opinion.)

My biggest concern with Kansas is they have a very talented and veteran backcourt. If we can limit their playmaking ability some, I like our chances. Our frontcourt is deeper and better. I have a feeling that we are going to have a surprise game by one of our frosh guards. Feeling good about Kansas. Think Louisville will give us the most fits of all of our top non con opponents.

Noticed that the Emporia State - Kansas exhibition game will be on ESPN3 on my watch ESPN app.  I think it was to be on at 8.  I think I'll try to take a look at them.  I saw some Self comments about his team and their lack of hitting the boards against Washburn.  Probably just trying to motivate his team.

The week is finally here...  Can't wait for the game on Friday.  Still really wish they were playing it on the aircraft carrier.  Would have been pretty awesome.

I don't believe this game was ever scheduled for an aircraft carrier. It was scheduled for a hangar on Hickam Field.

I'm a little concerned about IU's defense and turnover issues in this game. 

Mason III is not a great shooter, but has quick hands, can drive, facilitate, etc. Along with that, Kansas has a rotation of other legitimate guards that goes about 6 deep which could really cause problems. While the Jayhawks big men don't have names that jump off the roster, 7-foot freshman Udoka Azubuike has looked pretty good so far in exhibition games and senior Landen Lucas has a ton of experience. I think IU wins the war down low on the blocks, but are they disciplined enough to always rotate on screens and step out on open shooters at the three-point line? Devonte Graham is a good shooter and if he gets hot, it could be a long night for the Hoosiers. 

I think IU has a shot if they can limit unforced errors and turnovers.