Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

IUWBB AP/Coaches Poll

On 2/5/2024 at 9:19 PM, Aaron said:

Not going there either. IU has shown a certainty of beating any unranked team pretty easily with or without Parrish at this point. They certainly could lose to any of the above teams but I would be shocked. At this point they have shown you exactly who they are and that is a team that will beat anyone worse than them and lose to anyone better than them. This late in season you know what a team is and IU has been pretty clear in who they are. 

I fully expect them to beat everyone else on their schedule besides Iowa and then win the Friday game in Big Ten Tourney and lose Saturday to OSU or Iowa. Then get a four seed in tourney win first two games and lose in Sweet 16 to a one seed. 

Until further notice or something changes I would be very surprised at any other outcome. This team has a clearly established pattern that is likely to continue and that is regardless of Parrish's health. Losing to any of the above teams you mentioned besides the Hawkeyes would be just as much of an outlier as beating an elite squad and IU has shown either of those things is unlikely.

I guess you’re going to recognize the beatdown of Iowa and finally give them some actual credit

5 hours ago, HoosierHoopster said:

I guess you’re going to recognize the beatdown of Iowa and finally give them some actual credit

I give them full credit. I said they needed to prove they could beat a great team and they did. Will gladly eat my large plate of crow and makes me much more confident of a deep March run.

8 minutes ago, Aaron said:

I give them full credit. I said they needed to prove they could beat a great team and they did. Will gladly eat my large plate of crow and  makes me much more confident of a deep March run.

Crow is a dish best served cold

:)