Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Bobman1

Chicago Cubs Thread

10 hours ago, Brass Cannon said:

Bet Cubs fans are wishing they saved Arrietta for 7 now. 

Not at all.  Best ERA in baseball for the season on the mound.  Plus, Lackey, Lester, Strop, Rondon, still have Chapman, and shoot, even Jake again for an inning or an out or whatever.  Just. Hit. Kluber.  Hard.  Everyone seeing and hitting, except for Javy.  Heck, even Heyward is making hard contact.  

Oh, and Schwarber finally gets one out tonight.

Still a little puzzled as to why Maddon brought Chapman in last night with a 7-2 lead; hope it doesn't come back to haunt them. But it is the World Series so I expect Lester and Lackey to be available early on if Hendricks struggles. My guess is Kluber will pitch 4, maybe 5, innings and then go to Andrew Miller and Cody Allen. 

Still a little puzzled as to why Maddon brought Chapman in last night with a 7-2 lead; hope it doesn't come back to haunt them. But it is the World Series so I expect Lester and Lackey to be available early on if Hendricks struggles. My guess is Kluber will pitch 4, maybe 5, innings and then go to Andrew Miller and Cody Allen. 

It shouldn't because he only threw 20 pitches. His velocity was great last night so I don't think the 60 pitches in 3 days has hurt him. I don't disagree with when he brought him either. Runners on 1st and 2nd with the middle of the order coming up. Lindor has hit everyone not named Arrieta or Chapman. A 3 run homer makes that a very different game at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app