Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Uspshoosier

(2017) PG David Beatty to South Carolina

GALLOWAY, N.J. -- David Beatty is still finalizing his list of schools but says he wants to take official visits to four universities.

"I'm taking an official to Indiana, Georgetown, Maryland and UConn," the 6-foot-3 Beatty told SNY.tv on Wednesday night after his Philly Pride team blew out Team Belief, 69-36.  Temple head coach Fran Dunphy and Georgetown assistant Kevin Broadus sat courtside for this win.  "I feel like that's love," Beatty said. "They could be out in Vegas but they here watching me. That's real love, so I like that."

Hence the visit to see the Hoyas.  "Oh, yeah, definitely I'm going to take an official to Georgetown," he said.  Missouri and Texas are the latest schools to offer Beatty.

Beatty, who played last season at St. Benedict's Prep but has yet to commit to going back to the New Jersey school, says he will commit to a college when he feels the time is right.  "Whenever I feel right, I don't got no date or anything like that," he said.

Beatty is a scoring combo guard who feels he can also be a strong leader.  "My shooting ability, I'm a leader and I'm a pretty good play-maker," he said. "I make plays and I just make things happen so I can bring that to whatever school I go to."

Kyle Rawls, the Philly Pride coach, says Beatty brings athleticism, a high IQ and a strong motor.  "His motor is like he runs off diesel fuel," Rawls said. "He can play the one, two, either or. He has good eyes, puts people in position. He's eager to learn....He's improved a lot, I love him."

2 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:
Retweet from Alex Bozich.  Although he listed IU in his final 5, I'm not sure just how much we were still in the hunt.  Anyone have a different perspective?

I've decided to reopen my recruitment..

Well...to me, that means that there's a team that wasn't in his 'final five' that he wants to take an official visit to.

3 hours ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:
Retweet from Alex Bozich.  Although he listed IU in his final 5, I'm not sure just how much we were still in the hunt.  Anyone have a different perspective?

I've decided to reopen my recruitment..

Word around here is he won't leave the east coast or distance is, at the very least, a factor here. 

Yes, he is good.
Yes, he is hard nosed.

He IS a combo guard that thinks he is a PG much like Scruggs who is considered much better nationally.

If we are targeting a true PG then Beatty is not it. And the Scruggs excuses are null and void.

Beatty is a solid player but he is also a 75-150 rated player playing a position that doesn't appear to be of highest need.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

To me recruiting is part perception and part reality. At the end of the day the reality is what ultimately matters, but perception does play a part. The reality is that Beatty could end up being better than Waters and Scruggs. Clifton Moore could end up being better than Jaren Jackson and Malik Williams. We won't know until all these guys hit campus. Nobody would have though VO or OG would be better than most of the guys we missed on before landing them. That's the reality. 

But, IMO perception does matter some too. How we're perceived by potential future recruits, media, etc., it does play some into the momentum of a program, etc.  And my perception right now is that for whatever reason we're missing on a lot of our primary and even sometimes secondary targets. 

This isn't a 'sky is falling' post, just one point of view. Land Wilkes and/or Preston and the perception swings back in our favor big time. 

THIS is so perfectly true and accurate.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

My only thing here is it seems very much like a desperation move. We missed on the other two so now we're gunning last second for this kid. Seems like CTC wants a pg at all costs for this class, which seems odd. We'll have Newkirk and Rob back, as well as the two combo guards CuJo and Green. We're also going for Garland in 2018 along with a few others. Just an odd situation.