Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Todd Jadlow...and Bob Knight

Yeah man, that gridiron is a real battle field. Wish my coach was more abusive; I may have been a better athlete!

You weren't going into battle. Awful comparison, especially considering we have veterans as members of this board.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

In all fairness and nothing personal but it's no worse of a comparison than comparing Knight to the Penn State child molestation crap.

In all fairness and nothing personal but it's no worse of a comparison than comparing Knight to the Penn State child molestation crap.

Sports fans turning a blind eye and defending a coach's inappropriate behavior because he was winning?

32 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Sports fans turning a blind eye and defending a coach's inappropriate behavior because he was winning?

No, comparing a coach who was mean to another coach who covered up a grown man molesting children. That in my opinion was far worse than what Josh said or anything that has been said in this thread. The battle comments and Stockholm syndrome comments were over dramatic but none of that compares to being compared to a child molester/child molester enabler. That is an extremely messed up thing to say.

Please don't give me that grabbing a players by the balls crap either its been shot down already by other former players who aren't trying to make a buck by selling a book. It baffles me that people are more willing to believe a former junkie who has lost absolutely everything and is trying to make money off of a book rather than other former players who have no money motives at all. Guys like Jadlow want to make money off of the situation because they know people are interested in Knight and they know he wont say a word to defend himself. I'm not saying Knight did no wrong by any means. He was an ahole and he did step over the line physically on occasions, but its not near as bad as some people are trying to make it seem.

To your point about there being veterans on this board, a lot worse has went on during basic training/boot camp than having fruit thrown at you, getting pushed back onto the court, or getting hit over the head with a clipboard.

No, comparing a coach who was mean to another coach who covered up a grown man molesting children. That in my opinion was far worse than what Josh said or anything that has been said in this thread. The battle comments and Stockholm syndrome comments were over dramatic but none of that compares to being compared to a child molester/child molester enabler. That is an extremely messed up thing to say.

Please don't give me that grabbing a players by the balls crap either its been shot down already by other former players who aren't trying to make a buck by selling a book. It baffles me that people are more willing to believe a former junkie who has lost absolutely everything and is trying to make money off of a book rather than other former players who have no money motives at all. Guys like Jadlow want to make money off of the situation because they know people are interested in Knight and they know he wont say a word to defend himself. I'm not saying Knight did no wrong by any means. He was an ahole and he did step over the line physically on occasions, but its not near as bad as some people are trying to make it seem.

To your point about there being veterans on this board, a lot worse has went on during basic training/boot camp than having fruit thrown at you, getting pushed back onto the court, or getting hit over the head with a clipboard.

Yeah you missed the point of my comparison. The comparison was when winning blinds fans and administration to a coach breaking the rules. You see how PSU still celebrates Paterno, and it's similar here where seemingly no matter what, people will defend Knight. The idolization of these coaches creates an atmosphere where they were somewhat above the law.

Also, I'm not saying that all of Jadlow's claims are factual, but you see how quick people are to dismiss it? In order to defend Knight we have to try to discredit Jadlow. Other players have also supported plenty of claims of inappropriate behavior by Knight in the past. I would hope people weren't so quick to dismiss claims against Knight based on existing facts.

2 hours ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Yeah you missed the point of my comparison. The comparison was when winning blinds fans and administration to a coach breaking the rules. You see how PSU still celebrates Paterno, and it's similar here where seemingly no matter what, people will defend Knight. The idolization of these coaches creates an atmosphere where they were somewhat above the law.

Also, I'm not saying that all of Jadlow's claims are factual, but you see how quick people are to dismiss it? In order to defend Knight we have to try to discredit Jadlow. Other players have also supported plenty of claims of inappropriate behavior by Knight in the past. I would hope people weren't so quick to dismiss claims against Knight based on existing facts.

I get that and understand it completely, I think its just more of the crimes that are being compared that is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I do agree that winning does cover up a lot in the eyes of most fans for example a coach like Calipari(although his was nothing physical) hes a known cheater but in the eyes of his fan base he is a perfect little angel.

(On a side note since the Penn State incident has been mentioned. I feel the same way about McQueary as I do about Paterno and Sandusky. McQueary just won a huge settlement from Penn State but he even admitted to witnessing what Sandusky did to a kid and only reported it to Paterno. The second he didn't report it straight to the police made him just as guilty imo. All of that really has nothing to do with what we are talking about but I just wanted to make that comment since it was just announced yesterday.)

I think the issue with Jadlow, or at least my issue is his past. Its very hard for me to trust anyone like him. If someone like Moye or another former player along the same lines came out and made the exact claims Jadlow did they would have more validity in my eyes. Like I've said I don't for a second believe that Knight did no wrong. He f*cked up multiple times but things like grabbing players manhood I just cant believe for a second. My biggest issue is like you said when it comes to fans being blinded while he was winning and then years after he is gone they all of a sudden think he's the scum of the earth. That's BS and I cant really respect that viewpoint. I know there are some of you who didn't agree with him even while he was winning and weren't a fan. I completely respect that viewpoint and what I said isn't towards any of you so I hope no one thinks that if you never agreed with Knight that I think you're wrong or anything like that.

I get that and understand it completely, I think its just more of the crimes that are being compared that is just leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I do agree that winning does cover up a lot in the eyes of most fans for example a coach like Calipari(although his was nothing physical) hes a known cheater but in the eyes of his fan base he is a perfect little angel.

(On a side note since the Penn State incident has been mentioned. I feel the same way about McQueary as I do about Paterno and Sandusky. McQueary just won a huge settlement from Penn State but he even admitted to witnessing what Sandusky did to a kid and only reported it to Paterno. The second he didn't report it straight to the police made him just as guilty imo. All of that really has nothing to do with what we are talking about but I just wanted to make that comment since it was just announced yesterday.)

I think the issue with Jadlow, or at least my issue is his past. Its very hard for me to trust anyone like him. If someone like Moye or another former player along the same lines came out and made the exact claims Jadlow did they would have more validity in my eyes. Like I've said I don't for a second believe that Knight did no wrong. He f*cked up multiple times but things like grabbing players manhood I just cant believe for a second. My biggest issue is like you said when it comes to fans being blinded while he was winning and then years after he is gone they all of a sudden think he's the scum of the earth. That's BS and I cant really respect that viewpoint. I know there are some of you who didn't agree with him even while he was winning and weren't a fan. I completely respect that viewpoint and what I said isn't towards any of you so I hope no one thinks that if you never agreed with Knight that I think you're wrong or anything like that.

Hear you. Definitely agree the crimes are not comparable, and certainly was not trying to draw that comparison.

Jadlow's past certainly makes it sensible to question his credibility. But I also don't expect many who played for Knight to speak out against him, as he was a father figure to many.

Please don't tell me that Ricky Calloway is also motivated by cocaine and book sales:

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-former-hoosier-calloway-corroborates-jadlow-allegations-of-knights-abuse

If I can find the long letter Rick Calloway wrote Knight in the 90's thankingBK/apologizing to BK for his drug use Weds show will b fun
@dandakich

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Please don't tell me that Ricky Calloway is also motivated by cocaine and book sales:

http://www.wthr.com/article/kravitz-former-hoosier-calloway-corroborates-jadlow-allegations-of-knights-abuse

Not really sure what point you tried to make with your comment Stu. So Calloway backing Jadlow means the stuff absolutely happened and any player that's said Jadlow was lying is wrong???

Not really sure what point you tried to make with your comment Stu. So Calloway backing Jadlow means the stuff absolutely happened and any player that's said Jadlow was lying is wrong???

Nah. My point is more like "so many people suck!", and RMK may have been one of em, along with Jadlow, Calloway, and who knows who else. RMK may have been the master of overreaction to the bad behavior of others.

That, and don't ever forget to appreciate the Codys and Victors of the basketball world

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Them doctors threw down the gauntlet for every player who may have been abused by RMK (whether you guys will believe them or not).

If there are skeletons, that letter will bring them out.

Just now, Stuhoo said:

Them doctors threw down the gauntlet for every player who may have been abused by RMK (whether you guys will believe them or not).

If there are skeletons, that letter will bring them out.

There have been lures before.  I bet this one works as well as the others.

It's the same narrative by another author

For anyone saying that kids today are soft.........

We all have personally seen Knight head butt Sherron Wilkerson and choke Neil Reed.  

Even if not one iota of what Jadlow says is true, Bob Knight is a soft person.  Anyone not mentally tough enough to motivate without physically abusing their players is.