Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

Todd Jadlow...and Bob Knight

I for one am glad I never had a coach grab me by the balls. If that did happen.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I imagine The Great Bob is lucky that he's a menacing figure at 6'4 or whatever because otherwise he probably would've caught some hands at some point.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Are people really upset they had tampons thrown at them?  I might be a different kind of person that thinks verbal abuse (to me) is overrated.  You control your feelings and emotions and if they let someone get to you it's your fault.  I'm not excusing the behavior as I believe there are other more effective training methods.

I've only brought up the alleged physical and sexual assault. The other stuff is childish and demonstrative of a weak, vengeful man who doesn't know how to express his disappointment in a way that a respectable and mature leader should. That's high school locker room crap.

Always be wary of allegations made by someone with something to sell. 

"Todd Jadlow wrote a book? Who cares, he's a junkie."

vs.

"Todd Jadlow wrote a book and said in it that Coach Knight grabbed players by the balls and threw tampons at them? Lemme check it out for myself." 

Always be wary of allegations made by someone with something to sell. 

"Todd Jadlow wrote a book? Who cares, he's a junkie."

vs.

"Todd Jadlow wrote a book and said in it that Coach Knight grabbed players by the balls and threw tampons at them? Lemme check it out for myself." 

Certainly. His allegations are aligned with many other allegations against Knight and actions taken by Knight supported by concrete evidence.

I for one am glad I never had a coach grab me by the balls. If that did happen.

Dakich said in all his years there he never once seen that happen. I'll take DD's word over some former drug addict trying to sell a book.

54 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

Certainly. His allegations are aligned with many other allegations against Knight and actions taken by Knight supported by concrete evidence.

Found this quote from Jadlow at http://www.espn.com/seasonbrink/todd_jadlow.html

"of Knight's former players, Jadlow might have taken the Coach's dismissal from IU the hardest. "I don't know what I'm going to do with all my Indiana stuff," Jadlow said after Knight's firing. "I'm sure not going to be wearing anything Indiana. For the first time in my life I'm ashamed to say that I'm a graduate of Indiana." He went on to say: "I, personally, don't believe the two-faced (IU) administration… It's just sad the way things transpired. This is a guy (Knight) who should have a monument of him erected." 

If the quote is legit then that doesn't sound like a guy who experienced the things he's now claiming to have experienced. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan2017 said:

Found this quote from Jadlow at http://www.espn.com/seasonbrink/todd_jadlow.html

"of Knight's former players, Jadlow might have taken the Coach's dismissal from IU the hardest. "I don't know what I'm going to do with all my Indiana stuff," Jadlow said after Knight's firing. "I'm sure not going to be wearing anything Indiana. For the first time in my life I'm ashamed to say that I'm a graduate of Indiana." He went on to say: "I, personally, don't believe the two-faced (IU) administration… It's just sad the way things transpired. This is a guy (Knight) who should have a monument of him erected." 

If the quote is legit then that doesn't sound like a guy who experienced the things he's now claiming to have experienced. 

In the book Jadlow also still called Knight a father figure and said that he loved and respected him. He still also said those things happened, and it's up to everyone else to form their own opinions of Knight.

20 minutes ago, Walking Boot of Doom said:

In the book Jadlow also still called Knight a father figure and said that he loved and respected him. He still also said those things happened, and it's up to everyone else to form their own opinions of Knight.

If someone squeezed me by the balls I wouldn't be able to stop myself from swinging on them, let alone be able to respect them or look up to them. Everyone is different though, I guess.  

Knight  was a mean SOB with borderline psychotic tactics. The culture he grew up in was completely different than the one we live in now. Whether you think that's a good thing or a bad thing doesn't matter, it's not fair to judge his actions then with our culture now. I just find some of his allegations now, almost 30 years after they happened, extremely suspect given the incentives to make them up. 

Jadlow claims that Bob Knight broke a clipboard over his head during a nationally televised game against Louisville in 1989.

Who believes that?  Don't you think we'd have seen that or heard of that by now?

I hope your book sales don't amount to enough to pay for your next rehab stint.

35 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

All.

Let's keep these discussions civil. Obviously a sensitive topic with emotions attached by some/most.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Can we still bash Jadlow?  lol

I'll give $100 to anybody that can find either video or pictures of Coach Knight breaking a clipboard over Jadlow's head during that game like Jadlow claimed.  There were plenty of video and still cameras in the arena...but I bet nobody can find a shred of evidence.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Can we still bash Jadlow?  lol

I'll give $100 to anybody that can find either video or pictures of Coach Knight breaking a clipboard over Jadlow's head during that game like Jadlow claimed.  There were plenty of video and still cameras in the arena...but I bet nobody can find a shred of evidence.

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.

Why would you get such a hard on for bashing the man? He said his peace. You have too. It's ok man. Not everyone believes everything he said. Me included. No need to make it personal like he is talking about your dad. We know where you stand.