Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

LIHoosier

Bowl Projections 2016

After Week 7...

ESPN - Schlabach - Quick Lane Bowl/Detroit vs Syracuse

McMurphy - Outback Bowl/Tampa vs Florida (New Year's Bowl, how optimistic!)

CBS - Bowl Cut - Foster Farms/Santa Clara vs Washington St

SB Nation - Music City/Nashville vs Ole Miss

College Football News - Quick Lane vs Ohio

Campus Insiders - Quick Lane vs Georgia Tech

Sporting News - Tax Slayer Bowl/Jacksonville vs Virginia Tech

SI - Holiday Bowl/San Diego vs Washington St

After Week 7...

ESPN - Schlabach - Quick Lane Bowl/Detroit vs Syracuse

McMurphy - Outback Bowl/Tampa vs Florida (New Year's Bowl, how optimistic!)

CBS - Bowl Cut - Foster Farms/Santa Clara vs Washington St

SB Nation - Music City/Nashville vs Ole Miss

College Football News - Quick Lane vs Ohio

Sporting News - Tax Slayer Bowl/Jacksonville vs Virginia Tech

Love the outback bowl. I would be there in a heartbeat

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Writing this because there is now NW thread yet. Also can I just say I had to take a break and delete the app after the game. I've come to hate all of the negativity. I had some posts typed up but refrained. The thing is.... We can still get to 8-4 and outback might be achievable. Heck even 9-3. My takeaway that I would like to share with everyone on here is that.... I bet most of you thought we would be 3-3 at this point. However we technically should be 2-4 if you think about it. Most of you thought oh we will start off 3-0 (just as I did). We never thought our defense would be this good and our offense be so mediocre. With that said we have had 1 bad win and 1 great win where the team won as a group. Offense showed up against MSU in OT. Okay so Lagow started off hot and cooled off as of late. But he still made plays and helped us beat MSU. Yes, Zander brought energy on the field this past weekend, but obviously they only trust his short throws (cough cough the screens he completed) if I was KW I would have done a PA streak or seam pass, defense would not expect zander to come in and throw deep.... But they didn't try it. Remember people Lagow is basically a freshman in D1 terms this is his first year at FBS playing level. Yes he was top JUCO pocket passer, but look at the rankings..... This juco class was not very deep at QB like we have seen in past years. He was #1 ranked pocket passer. 6th Qb overall in the top 100 (85th out of everyone). I'm not trying to make excuses, but I still support Lagow even if he misses reads here and there. Northwestern has some good LBs and that's about it. I love diamont, he could throw the deep ball in hs, but there's a reason he hasn't been in to replace Lagow for a long drive or distance pass plays. Yes, should we have backups in these situations.....but we don't. I would rather give Lagow the benefit of the doubt with this being his true first year in a D1 setting than pull the rug out and say Eh sit the bench boy.... We aren't going after any stud in this years class. The one we wanted committed and supposedly there has been no communication with him. So we have Lagow next year as a second year starter. Stay positive and I believe this team will get back on course and get to that bowl. With that said great environment against Nebraska. Keep it up hoosier fans.

Luce is out.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Good post, Luce. I don't think the negativity was as bad this week as it has been in the past (Wake). Everyone here wants to see us win, but we were not expected to win against top ten teams in OSU and Nebraska.

There is no denying the one position holding us back is QB. Yes, some of the criticism of Lagow isn't fair given his lack of game experience, however, this team is built to win NOW and we can't be held back by one player. He has missed a lot of throws, to which Lagow himself has taken responsibility which is what one wants to see. There is nothing wrong with discussing options at QB.

I still think Lagow is by far our best option and he has lots of room for improvement. These next few games against less competition will be critical for his development.

If he continues to sputter, the team cannot afford to wait for him and a change may need to be made. This is not a bad thing. He has another year of eligibility and a full offseason in our program watching film, lifting and working on his mechanics will pay huge dividends for next year regardless of what happens this season.

However, I am expecting Lagow to show improvement and put up some solid production these next few weeks.

As you said, we are right where most expected us to be: 3-3. An 8 win season is no stretch, especially with how good our defense has been playing.

Forgot to update this last week.

After Week 9...

ESPN - Schlabach: Quick Lane/Detroit vs NC State, McMurphy: Foster Farms/Santa Clara vs USC

CBS - Foster Farms vs Washington St

SB Nation - Music City/Nashville vs South Carolina(The other USC)

SI - Foster Farms vs USC

College Football News - Quick Lane vs Oregon

Sporting News - Heart of Dallas Bowl/Dallas(Cotton Bowl) vs Texas Tech

You know what would be awesome? If ND gets to six wins and they are matched up with us in the Quick Lane Bowl.

The Oregon projection was based on APR so ND could end up in that bowl game with 5 wins. Our APR is 979 so I don't know where that would rank us if we only end up with 5.

Sent from my SM-G920V using BtownBanners mobile app

After Week 10....

ESPN - Schlabach: Quick Lane vs NC State, McMurphy: Foster Farms vs USC

CBS - Foster Farms vs Washington St

SB Nation - Music City vs South Carolina

College Football News - Foster Farms vs Utah

Sporting News - Heart of Dallas vs Texas Tech

Bleacher Report - Foster Farms vs Stanford

Added Tuesday

SI - Foster Farms vs USC

Fox Sports - Quick Lane vs Eastern Michigan

1 hour ago, Hovadipo said:

USA Today has us playing Ball State in the Quick Lane Bowl lol. I will absolutely refuse to watch that if it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Ball State is 4-6 and would have to win their next two games. Even then, can you play a bowl game against a team you already faced in the regular season?

Ball State is 4-6 and would have to win their next two games. Even then, can you play a bowl game against a team you already faced in the regular season?

I would hope not. And the QLB is supposed to be ACC vs B1G, but they reason that the ACC is so bad that they won't be able to fill all of their bowl committments, hence BSU getting into this one.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

After Week 11....

SI - Foster Farms vs USC

Fox Sports - Foster Farms vs Utah

CBS - Foster Farms vs USC

Sporting News - Music City vs pUKe

College Football News - Foster Farms vs Utah

SB Nation - Foster Farms vs Utah

Edit: ESPN - Schlabach - Quick Lane vs E Michigan, McMurphy - Foster Farms v Utah

Edited by LIHoosier
ESPN release