Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2018) PG Honesty Scott-Grayson

Possibly transferred to Blair Academy in Brick, NJ in May of this year.  Regardless of where she's currently attending high school, this is a girl you'd definitely like to have on your team.

Found this on the Blair Academy website:

Honesty Scott-Grayson ’18 Makes Blair Debut

New sophomore Honesty Scott-Grayson '18 made her much anticipated Blair debut this past week in contests against ASA Junior College and Life Center Academy. Scott-Grayson is a 5'11" combo guard who is ranked as the number-one player in her class in Prospects Nation. She also played for team USA this past year in Mexico, where she showcased her talents as a scorer, creator, defender and leader. Scott-Grayson is being recruited by most of the top programs in the country, including Notre Dame, UConn, Duke, Maryland and South Carolina.

3 minutes ago, bhaggard89 said:

So it's the new fad to have a "Top __" with double digit schools?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

You may be correct but I just took it as these were the schools that had been in contact with her and had expressed interest; not necessarily a "final __". 

2 minutes ago, hsrtxp said:

Any idea why? Are they still shopping?

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

No clue, I have no sources.  That was posted in the Jaelynn Penn thread, basically saying something like many had reached out to her but a few like ND and UCONN hadn't.

If Grayson wanted to come, great sign her up, I just have a very very difficult time seeing it when the list includes WBB heavy hitters like ND and UCONN; the list of girls that Geno Auriemma has had go to the WNBA is a lengthy and includes stars the likes of Sue Bird.

Is it possible that she prefers to pave her own way through a come up program rather than going the "never lose a game" route? Is it possible that ND and UCONN are favoring other prospects or have returning players she would have to sit behind. There's a lot that goes into recruiting and is slightly premature to say there's no chance...

4 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Is it possible that she prefers to pave her own way through a come up program rather than going the "never lose a game" route? Is it possible that ND and UCONN are favoring other prospects or have returning players she would have to sit behind. There's a lot that goes into recruiting and is slightly premature to say there's no chance...

Anything can happen, there is a lot that goes into recruiting.  It's great to be on a list with the likes of those schools, that wouldn't have happened before, but the odds of actually being able to beat them?  Even if ND or UCONN had other priorties, that list still includes the likes of Tennessee and other successful women's programs.

I'd add her to the team in a heartbeat if she wanted to come here, I just don't see it happening.

1 hour ago, bhaggard89 said:

I thought we just got a commit from a 5* pg

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Correct you are.  Jaelynn Penn is the young lady's name.  Originally committed to Dayton but decommitted after the Dayton head coach left.