Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

Indiana vs OSU Game Thread - 10/8 @ 3:30ET on ESPN

What do you consider crushed? 21? I'd bet we lose by 21+.

I'm not even trying to knock us, it's just OSU is on a different level this year and most years, but especially this year.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

And I agree they are on another level. However, we have a D that has improved. You can argue that we don't have the same offense and Id concur, but this is a different team for IU as well....we are a well rounded. Besides the 5 int game Lagow has put up great numbers for his first year in D1 ball. Our running game has not been what it has been in the past, but from seeing the pounding the duo of of Devine and Big Bacon has me looking forward to tomorrow. Also, our line who faced a pretty decent DLine in MSU handled it very very well with not having our whole right side again. Yes they didn't have their main LBs but Id say we did pretty well. Yes they aren't the Same MSU as last year playoff team, but we beat Rutgers just as bad last year....but we lost...why because of defense. We gave up 274yds rushing to Elliot last year... Why defense. We are the best defense OSU will have faced come 3:30 tomorrow. Onto OSU. They are talented, fast, and have great coaches. However, what we haven't seen is them slip at all and they may never slip up, or fall asleep on plays yet..... Eventually they will and I think a young defense will slip up this weekend. I'm not saying we go into Columbus and rout OSU, but I also don't think it is a blowout by 3 or more scores like others are saying. We for once have a team....a team that has played and finished complete games. I think this game is a close one again.... If we lose we lose by 10 or less.... If it's not that we get crushed like most everyone is saying and I look like a dumb fan as people would put it. Yes I'm being very optimistic I realize that, but I have a feeling our boys go out and play really really well together and make som big plays.

Takeaways men, takeaways

Luce is out.

1 hour ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Did Wilkes commit? Just kidding.

I can clearly see why our response is what it is. Hard to intentionally get your hopes up when you fully expect to get crushed.

I'm anxious to see how we do but I think we have a snowballs chance.

Aside from Alabama, this might be the worst possible matchup for our Hoosiers.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

Lol

I understand your pessimism, just don't agree with it.  The program is moving steadily in a positive direction. I'm not asking for everyone to be sunshine pumpers 24/7, but at least some interest would be nice. This program has a rapidly approaching ceiling if we can't fill the stadium for prime time match-ups with the leagues big boys.

We competed with them last year and they had 12 guys  get drafted, 5 in the first round. I think we give them a game they'll remember.

Go Hoosiers!

1 hour ago, johnsoniu said:

Lol

I understand your pessimism, just don't agree with it.  The program is moving steadily in a positive direction. I'm not asking for everyone to be sunshine pumpers 24/7, but at least some interest would be nice. This program has a rapidly approaching ceiling if we can't fill the stadium for prime time match-ups with the leagues big boys.

We competed with them last year and they had 12 guys  get drafted, 5 in the first round. I think we give them a game they'll remember.

Go Hoosiers!

I agree. I doubt we'll win, but I wouldn't rule it out and I'm certain we're going to give them hell. I follow OSU closely and they're unreal, but Lagow is getting it and he is becoming every bit the player I raved over when we first started looking at him. If we had Camion or Cobb and we were at home? I'd say a win might even be plausible, but I'll be happy if we make 'em sweat.

I mean, no foolies, we were one capable kicker away from a 9 point win over MSU in regulation. If Oakes gets his groove back, we're a team.