Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
Class of '66 Old Fart

(2016) G Lindsey Corsaro to UCLA

Lindsey Corsaro, a 2016 Burger Girl from Indpls., has decommitted from KY.  Wonder if we'll make a push? 

Must be quite a cesspool currently in the KY women's program.  From the Indpls. Star:

Recruits add to UK women's defections

LEXINGTON, Ky. – The end of the 2015-16 women’s basketball season has not ended a rash of recent defections from the program.

McDonald’s All-American Lindsey Corsaro, a 2016 five-star guard, is the latest departure from the program despite already signing her National Letter of Intent with UK in November. A UK spokesman confirmed UK will release Corsaro from her letter of intent but plans to continue to recruit her and remains a possible destination for the Indianapolis native.

“It’s a tough situation for us,” Corsaro’s father, Greg Corsaro, told the Indianapolis Star. “Kentucky has had some uncertainty the last couple months with some coaches and players and Lindsey felt like she should reconsider her options. She’s not ruling out Kentucky.”

ESPN reported Monday 2017 four-star post player Madison Treece had also decided to reopen her recruitment after initially committing to UK.

The recruits’ decisions came after freshman forward Batouly Camara decided to transfer, becoming the sixth player to leave the program since the beginning of the fall semester. Camara averaged 5.1 points and 4.3 rebounds per game while starting 14 of her 33 appearances as a freshman. She was ranked as the No. 9 recruit in the country out of Blair Academy in New York.

"After heartfelt discussions with my family, friends and other trusted people in my life -- along with much prayer -- I have decided that remaining at the University of Kentucky is not in my best interest," Camara wrote in a message posted on Twitter Tuesday."My current focus is on finishing the semester in a strong fashion and on doing well on my final exams. Upon my departure from Lexington and return back home to NYC, my family and I will begin identifying where to finish my college career.

"I want to thank my teammates and friends at UK, as well as those staff members that have supported me throughout this challenging year. I also want to thank our fans out there in BBN for your great support of me and our team this season."

UK head coach Matthew Mitchell has seen his roster depth evaporate since dismissing Oregon transfer Chrishae Rowe from the team in mid-October. Rowe’s dismissal was quickly followed by transfers from starting guard Linnae Harper, freshman guard Morgan Rich and junior reserve forward Kyvin Goodin-Rogers. Little-used senior forward Ivana Jakubcova announced after the season she would player her final season of basketball elsewhere as a graduate transfer.

After Goodin-Rogers departure, Mitchell attributed the defections to individual decisions.

“When you have four situations in a short period of time, it certainly looks like it’s connected,” Mitchell said in December. “And it’s hard for people, if they’re not in it and don’t know each individual, they’re four individual situations. So one’s a dismissal. So a player chose not to live up to the standards of the program, so I had to make that decision. The other three are all separate individual decisions that you need to talk to those individuals.”

6 hours ago, iubirdman said:

The last line is the important one here, we still have a spot open, have not heard anything new or a timeline for a Corsaro decision, but would have hated to see us not have one available for her had she wanted to come here.

Looks like a quality signing for the program and gives us a little more perimeter size, could make a really good guard wing rotation with Buss, Cahill, McBride, Elbert, Deane, and hopefully Corsaro

Corsaro said she wants to pick a new school by the first week of June. She has narrowed her choices to Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, UCLA and Washington.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/article/15501989/former-kentucky-recruit-lindsey-corsaro-considering-baylor-indiana-michigan-texas-tennessee-ucla-washington

13 hours ago, ccgeneral said:

Corsaro said she wants to pick a new school by the first week of June. She has narrowed her choices to Baylor, Indiana, Michigan, Texas, Tennessee, UCLA and Washington.

http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/article/15501989/former-kentucky-recruit-lindsey-corsaro-considering-baylor-indiana-michigan-texas-tennessee-ucla-washington

Thanks for the update, should know soon it sounds like

On 5/19/2016 at 9:36 PM, ccgeneral said:

Down to 3 per @KyleNeddenriep.

UCLA - already taken OV

Michigan - OV  5/24

IU - OV  6/1