Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

Whitney Jennings to Butler

This would be a nice pickup if she can transfer. Curt Miller had offered. 

‏@TheTeddyBailey: Huge news out of Iowa City. Indiana native Whitney Jennings is transferring. Scored 22 vs. #iuwbb. From Logansport. 

CePlVL0UsAAguQf.jpg

Doesn't necessarily mean a thing, but she's close friends with Sydney Buck at Butler also with Maura Munsterman who left after her freshman year with us and transferred to Belmont.  Her boyfriend plays ball at Indiana Wesleyan.

Doesn't necessarily mean a thing, but she's close friends with Sydney Buck at Butler also with Maura Munsterman who left after her freshman year with us and transferred to Belmont.  Her boyfriend plays ball at Indiana Wesleyan.

It means we won't face in her the B1G.  :wink:

Wasn't sure where to put but Iowa Sophomore guard Whitney Jennings who was 2014 Indiana miss basketball is transferring from the school.

From Twitter.

G Whitney Jennings, a 31-game starter who averaged 9.6 ppg and 32.6 mpg, is leaving the Iowa women's basketball team to play closer to home.

I got to watch Jennings play a few times this past season and she was clearly a standout player for Iowa. Replacing a skilled and seasoned player like her won't be easy for the Hawkeyes. That said I would love to see her next stop be in Bloomington. Really like her game.

Boo. Kinda figured that, same rules as the men. Those were her only other B1G offers back in '12.

I personally wouldn't be surprised to see her at Ball State. Former high school teammate Nakeya Penny plays for the Cardinals.

Regarding Jennings, I have heard Iowa has told Jennings IU and Purdue are off limits.

Can Iowa block a transfer? Jennings will have to sit out a year anyway. Right? I was just thinking about when Jarrod Uthoff left Wisconsin to go to Iowa, Bo Ryan tired to keep him from going there. Didn't matter.

Can Iowa block a transfer? Jennings will have to sit out a year anyway. Right? I was just thinking about when Jarrod Uthoff left Wisconsin to go to Iowa, Bo Ryan tired to keep him from going there. Didn't matter.

Not too sure how that works really. Interested to see what happens.

RUMOR!  Someone with an inside ear to Logansport High School athletics indicates Butler will be Whitney Jennings's next stop.  As I noted in an earlier post, she is close friends with current Butler player, Sydney Buck and Whitney's boyfriend plays ball at Indiana Wesleyan.  She'll have to sit for a year but have 2 years of eligibility remaining starting 2017-2018.

RUMOR!  Someone with an inside ear to Logansport High School athletics indicates Butler will be Whitney Jennings's next stop.  As I noted in an earlier post, she is close friends with current Butler player, Sydney Buck and Whitney's boyfriend plays ball at Indiana Wesleyan.  She'll have to sit for a year but have 2 years of eligibility remaining starting 2017-2018.

I thought she was a frosh and would have 3 years.

I was wrong!!!