Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

MartintheMopMan

Indiana defeats MSU! Postgame Thread

12 minutes ago, akhosrof said:

I was merely stating I see both sides of the argument. I see the side of the argument of if a guy is ice cold and the game is close, a change has to be made to give the team a chance to win. Whether that's Diamont or Cameron, it's not a great option, but it's a better option than a guy who's confidence is shot.

I think Lagow let emotions get the best of him against Wake as the INTs piled up and it clouded his decision making and focus on accuracy. Luckily Lagow this past week showed mental toughness and did an excellent job of rebounding from a poor first half. That was a very positive sign in his development.

I get that, I've just seen a few people say to bring in Diamont and I really don't understand why.  Frankly the best thing for him is a redshirt year.

Neither is a good option, the only reason I say Cameron is because what little we saw he seemed to have more passing ability, so you're not blatantly telling the defense you're running the ball.  Put in Diamont and you may as well walk to their huddle and tell them it's a run.

26 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

I'm all in favor of letting Lago do his thing. He might lose some games but he has the ability to bring the team back as well.

How about being in Natee and run the option until the defense is left with walk-ons?

Tyler Natee....destroyer of souls, hopes, and dreams

Also. Vegas not giving our boys a shot. OSU -29 today. All I have to say is look at the next two games #2 OSU and #12 NEB we win those two and men... We are top 20 with a fluke loss to Wake

If we manage to win both, we have more than just something. I think we should be seriously considered for the Big Ten Championship and even for CFP. I know it sounds crazy but I firmly believe that Ohio State is the best team in the country and having 3 wins in a row against ranked teams, one of which being against arguably the top team in the country, is more than top 20 caliber.
But again this is a big if. Would be thrilled if we could even keep Ohio St. competitive.

If we manage to win both, we have more than just something. I think we should be seriously considered for the Big Ten Championship and even for CFP. I know it sounds crazy but I firmly believe that Ohio State is the best team in the country and having 3 wins in a row against ranked teams, one of which being against arguably the top team in the country, is more than top 20 caliber.
But again this is a big if. Would be thrilled if we could even keep Ohio St. competitive.

I agree. A big if. I felt the upset against MSU after the Wake game ended. MSU is not the same team as last year. Obviously at 2-2. Losing cook hurt them. However, tom Allen said it best... Contain OSUs speed. I think if we can do that I think we have a chance. I feel that the young D of OSU might overlook a wave riding IU team. Also, seeing natee run full speed.... Watch out Big Bacon is loose. If we keep it respectable I think that is a win! If we win we shock the world. And come into homecoming with a hype behind us we haven't seen since the late 80s early 90s. Memorial stadium is packed and loud loud loud.

Ik this can go in a different thread, but working at home this afternoon and watching the PSU and Minny game. Ik Minny has a great DLine, but PSUs line still looks very weak and soft. Mcsorley(sp) is under pressure all game. However he is dual threat and also had some lucky passes downfield. Good pocket presence. Barkley is Barkley.... Aka really good and lives up to hype with his moves and speed. The defense doesn't really scare me like in the past. Also, I hate Franklin. A kid from Minny just got tackled out of bounds in front of him and he just looked at him, and walked away. Ik it is an opposing player, but from what I've seen a lot of coaches help you up even if you are on the opposite team... It's just sportsmanship (I know I nit-picked that, but I just dislike him so much).

Bump. Since its football week and top threads are freaking bball stuff. So..... Still biggest spread in all of college this weekend and that's even with TCU vs Kansas. Yes Kansas had winning years in mid 2000s and finished ranked but as of late. Horrific. I mean awful. 2012-2015 7 wins. Anyways lets talk football even if we play the best team in the country this weekend. I'm ready to see coach Wilson on the shoulders of the players like Mallory was. If you can't tell I've been watching clips from 87 and 88 when we walloped them. Btw the date from when we won 41-7 10/8/88.

I have a f***ing wedding this Saturday I don't want to go to. Going to try and peek on the Watch ESPN app on my phone when I can. If I see it's close in the fourth quarter I'm pulling a Cartman: screw you guys I'm going home!

I had tickets to the MSU game last weekend but it was the girlfriend's bday and she did not want to go to a game that late...needless to say I had to watch bits of the game on my phone and follow on Twitter.

I had tickets to the MSU game last weekend but it was the girlfriend's bday and she did not want to go to a game that late...needless to say I had to watch bits of the game on my phone and follow on Twitter.

Buddy I got two words. Run away. Lol jk. But in all seriousness. I told my girlfriend (we were on vacation in Seattle), you are going to watch Iu with me at the bar. She watched a little bit of it and then was on her phone and drank champagne all night. Also, she said she enjoyed it more watching me stress, pace, and almost cry rather than watching the game. So I have that going for me.