Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2018) TE Anthony Torres

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Hoosiers-first-to-offer-Torres-47743723

Mishawaka (Ind.) Penn 2018 tight end Anthony Torres landed his first offer from Indiana during a visit to campus Saturday.

Kevin Wilson, James Patton and the staff extended the scholarship prior to the game against Wake Forest.

"I talked to Coach Patton a lot," Torres said. "Anytime he wasn't with the team he was talking with me."

The 6-foot-5, 235-pound Torres is hearing from several other schools including Notre Dame, Ohio State and Vanderbilt. The Hoosiers are looking to get a head start with one of the state's top juniors.

"I felt like a priority to them," Torres said. "It just makes me feel more comfortable."

Torres also sees a good fit within the IU offense.

"I like how they move their tight ends around and split them out," he said. "I also like how they have a strong passing attack."

Patton made him feel real comfortable.

"He just sees a lot of potential in me," Torres recapped. "Says I have the frame to do a lot of different things. He's glad I'm doing what I am with still another season yet to play."

Next up for Torres is a visit to Vanderbilt next weekend.