Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) C Moses Brown to UCLA

https://www.fanragsports.com/cbb/zagoria-7-foot-1-moses-brown-new-yorker-facing-big-decisions-on-high-school-college/
Zagoria | Moses Brown facing big decisions on high school and college
Unfortunately, there is no mention of IU in the article.

Never is. Can probably kiss this hope train goodbye.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

6 minutes ago, schimpfj said:

Either way, big schools consistently recruit big time players and figure out the playing time issues later. I'm all for getting the most talented players possible and letting Archie assemble rotations and be the judge of who can play with who.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I agree. Just curious what we would be doing is all. Other than competing for a NC of course

if we land Romeo and Brown gotta think that makes us real tempting to Garland

I saw Moses Brown play at the UA showcase in Indy and wasn't too impressed. Don't get me wrong he's a pretty good player but he struggled against teams when they threw other 7 footers in his face. And was a putrid free throw shooter. I'd like to have him but I think he is ranked higher than he should be because this is a weaker big man class

I saw Moses Brown play at the UA showcase in Indy and wasn't too impressed. Don't get me wrong he's a pretty good player but he struggled against teams when they threw other 7 footers in his face. And was a putrid free throw shooter. I'd like to have him but I think he is ranked higher than he should be because this is a weaker big man class

I tend to agree. He has dropped in the 247 rankings already. I'd love to have the big man, but I think he's a wee bit overrated for now.

I tend to agree. He has dropped in the 247 rankings already. I'd love to have the big man, but I think he's a wee bit overrated for now.

I think he has the potential and intangibles to be a damn good player but right now he needs to add muscle and be more physical down low

22 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Also you have to know that he has already said he is one and done for sure. He seems like the type who would quit school as soon as the season is over. 

6 minutes ago, Chris007 said:

Also you have to know that he has already said he is one and done for sure. He seems like the type who would quit school as soon as the season is over. 

That's the type of OAD I don't want. Hard pass for me if that's the case.

If you have the chance to take a 1 and done you do it. It helps with other recruits especially if the player is picked in the first round. Also it doesn't strap down a scholarship for more than 1 year. I know some people don't want IU to mess with 1 and done players but it is a necessary evil in order to try and get this program back to the top and hang banner #6. Besides landing 2 one and done players gives you at least 2 scholarships that are open for 2019 if you have an incoming class of Anderson, Hunter, Phinisee, Langford, and Brown. you could have as many as 3, 4, or 5 open if they get Garland instead of Phinisee or another player like Davis goes pro not to mention Morgan will have graduated. So I guess what I'm getting at is it will give Archie talent to play with and yet flexibility in 2019 when things could start getting really interesting.

8 hours ago, barrettballer said:

His highlight videos don't make him look all that great either.  I'd rather have him than not have him due to the perception and momentum for recruiting, but he's not super-elite 5 star big.  He's more Dakari Johnson than Jahlil Okafor/Anthony Davis.