Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Class of '66 Old Fart

(2018) C Moses Brown to UCLA

Peegs tweet:  7-foot center Moses Brown from Archbishop Malloy (Brooklyn, NY) hearing from Indiana.

247Sports has him as the 35th best player in the country and #1 center in his class. Has been offered by 3M of the B1G (Maryland, Michigan and Minnesota) along with Kansas, UCLA and a number of other high majors.

ESPN

Rivals

Scout

Twitter

IU @ Archbishop Molloy (NY) watching 2018 C Moses Brown, 2018 SF Khalid Moore and 2019 PG Cole Anthony. 

@AdamZagoria: Here at Molloy for 2018 @Moses_Graham1 and 2019 @The_ColeAnthony - Rick Pitino and Kenny Johnson and assts from UConn, Miami, Indiana

First HH visitor per Zag.

Brown, who runs with New Heights on the Under Armour circuit, is ranked 19th on ESPN's Top 60 for the Class of 2018. Kansas, UConn, Arizona, Florida, Louisville, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, Oklahoma State, Seton Hall, St. John's, UCLA and USC have all offered.

He has visits set to Maryland (Oct. 1), Florida (Oct 15) and Indiana (Oct. 22). He also plans to see Louisville at some point.

Plays on the UA circuit for New Heights.  Definitely needs to improve his FT shooting.

Moses Brown '18 ( C ) - New Heights        
Date Pts. FGM FGA FTM FTA 3PM 3PA Reb Assts. TO's  Stls. Blks. Min.
4/21 14 7 11 0 0 0 0 7 2 4 2 1 25
4/22 14 5 10 4 7 0 0 12 1 2 2 4 23
4/22 20 8 9 4 4 0 0 11 1 6 2 3 29
4/23 16 7 10 2 7 0 0 14 1 3 1 2 26
4/28 9 4 6 1 3 0 0 4 1 1 0 0 21
4/29 16 6 12 4 11 0 0 12 0 1 1 3 28
4/29 15 4 13 7 13 0 0 8 0 5 1 2 26
4/30 2 1 4 0 2 0 0 6 0 0 0 1 21
Avg 13.3 56%   47%   #DIV/0!   9 1 3 1 2 25
# Gms 8                        

It'll be tough to pull a top flight C in the next few classes. I would love to have two legit low post team players that could wear down an opponents front line.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Maryland pulling him with the $hoe connections.

I watched him play in Fishers last month and honestly wasn't that impressed. Obviously can't base my analysis off one weekend but he did very well against smaller players. But when you threw another 7 footer at him he folded. Terrible free thrower shooter, hit 3 or 4 out of 12 attempts. Still has the potential to be a really really good player though.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Per this from Zagoria doesn't look like we're in the picture for Brown.

If you haven’t offered Archbishop Molloy High (NY) big Moses Brown, you might want to get on with the program. The consensus 2018 Top 10 center plans to shut his recruitment down over the next few months.

“By the end of the live period,” Brown said when asked about a decision timeline. “That’s when everything closes down and when school is about to start.”

The final evaluation period ends on July 30, just about two months from today. Brown has yet to officially visit a school and said he hasn’t really been that involved with the coaches.

“I haven’t really been speaking to anybody on the phone but my father has,” explained Brown when asked how recruiting was going. “(It’s) less distracting. Definitely.”

Arizona, Kansas, Florida, UCLA, UConn, Louisville and USC are just a few of the offers Brown currently holds. His first offer was from Saint Peter’s back in April of 2015. Since then, it’s been an onslaught of offers from some of the best programs in the country.

Although they’ve shown strong interest, blue bloods Kentucky and Duke have yet to officially offer the 7-foot-1 five-star. That doesn’t mean Brown isn’t talking with the schools.

“Coach (John Calipari) said that I remind him of his longer guys, like Willie Cauley-Stein and Anthony Davis,” Brown told SEC Country. “It means that if I just keep working, I can do anything I want.”

“They just want me to accomplish my goals. They want to push me as hard as I can go,” Brown continued. “I never thought I would reach this point. I’ve just been working a lot, and I guess this is what comes with it.”

Brown said he doesn’t know yet if he will take any official visits. Since he’s in Los Angeles for the Under Armour event, Brown confirmed he will take an unofficial to UCLA on Monday.

Brown may not have a decision for a couple of months, but he knows exactly what he’s looking for in a school.

“Development, somewhere I can be as good as I could possibly be as a basketball player and off the court, maturing as a man and an individual,” Brown said. “Also, somewhere I could go back and get a degree. I want to be the first kid in my family to get a college degree.”

Hasn't every top notch school in the country offered this guy? He is the real deal and there are at least some connections between him and our new grad assistant. Hmmm--one can only dream.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

New grad assistant?

Sent from my LGLS676 using BtownBanners mobile app